Job offersmore »
- (junior) Agronomist China
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Projectleider Export - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Sales representative - Eastern PA, DE, MD, VA & WV, USA
- Sales representative - Michigan, USA
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Klasmann-Deilmann takes over international distribution of Growcoon
- US: Patent for cooling method of electrical components in a geothermal well
- Netherlands: First well of geothermal doublet for ECW Andijk
- Soil to hydroponics: 50%-100%+ increase in tomato and pepper production
- Pythium root rot on hydroponically grown basil and spinach
Exchange ratesmore »
Ulti-Mite Swirski nominated for Fruit Logistica Innovation AwardThe new industrial compostable sachet Ulti-Mite Swirski has been nominated for the Fruit Logistica Innovation Award 2018.
Ulti-Mite Swirski, the new breeding sachet for the predatory mite Amblyseius swirskii, offers a more effective way to biologically fight thrips and whiteflies. Resistant against drought and moisture, the Ulti-Mite Swirski cultivation system enables more stable biological pest control. In suboptimal conditions, the new system outperforms comparable products based on the predatory mite Amblyseius swirskii. These mites are used by farmers of a.o. peppers, strawberries, and other crops. The innovation (patent pending) makes the predatory mite available for a broader spectrum of cultures, including melons and citrus fruit. The bags are made from a newly developed film and can be industrially composted – which means they can be combined with plant waste for disposal at a composting plant.
Presentation at Fruit Logistica
The ten innovations selected will be presented from 7 to 9 February 2018 in a special exhibition between Halls 20 and 21 (north side) and in hall B City Cube (south side). The foyer between halls 20 and 21 is where the winner will be announced on 9 February 2018 at 14:30.
More than 70,000 trade visitors from over 130 countries can cast their vote on 7 and 8 February 2018 for the innovation of the year. A panel of experts consisting of representatives from all levels of the fresh produce trade has selected ten nominees from over 60 submissions.
For the other innovations that have been nominated, click here.
Koppert at Fruit Logistica
Koppert are presenting their innovation and other products and concepts also in their booth at Fruit Logistica. The Koppert stand is located in hall 1.2, stand D-10.
For more information:
Koppert Biological Systems
Publication date: 1/5/2018
Other news in this sector: