- Lead Auditor
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region - Antwerp - Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Medior Sales Engineer - Netherlands
- General Manager Australia
- Chief plant protection agronomist
- Сhief agronomist
- Head of Sales for Mexico and Latin America
- Finance Manager for a Leading International Fresh Produce Business
- Sales Consultants Fertilizer - various European countries
- Product & Efficiency Manager - Role Based in Holland with regular trips to the UK
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
- Peru: Chilli exports could amount to US $6M
- ''Colorful beetroot varieties from north German fields are very popular''
- Thailand: 30 percent more visitors for Horti Asia and Agritechnica Asia
- Education grant for Spanish language access to online grower courses
- US: Electrolyzed water system to treat and prevent plant diseases
Top 5 -last week
Researchers see a use for Mexico's abandoned greenhouses
An estimated 75% of greenhouses in Mexico are abandoned, meaning that there is plenty of scope to trial the idea.
As to why so many greenhouses are available, the horticultural website Hortalizas suggested that unsuitability for the climate, a lack of information, training and experience about how to use them and commercial mismanagement as reasons why greenhouses in Mexico fail and are consequently abandoned.
But instead of leaving them derelict, scientists from the UNAM Renewable Energy Institute (IER) say that they can be equipped with a solar energy system they have developed, which has the capacity to regulate temperatures inside the greenhouses.
Read more at Mexico News Daily
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 10/17/2018 China to build Dutch-inspired high-tech agriculture park
- 10/17/2018 Japan: Education center expands with 1 ha tomato production greenhouse
- 10/16/2018 Russia: 2 ha greenhouse opened in Dagestan
- 10/16/2018 US (CA): Leichtag Foundation gets six gutter-connected greenhouses
- 10/16/2018 Winterproofing the greenhouse
- 10/16/2018 US: California invests $1.5 million in seasonal high tunnels
- 10/16/2018 US: Incentives aid greenhouses and nurseries in implementing energy efficiency practices
- 10/15/2018 Turkey: Decline in agricultural production areas in Kutahya
- 10/15/2018 How to keep greenhouse conditions optimal for plant growth
- 10/15/2018 Japanese pitch "biggest greenhouse in the world"
- 10/12/2018 Russia: Nobody interested in Altai greenhouse complex
- 10/12/2018 Can greenhouse crop production become efficient enough to produce food for the masses?
- 10/12/2018 Self-assembly greenhouse to be launched in USA
- 10/12/2018 The best way to circulate air in a glasshouse
- 10/12/2018 US (MA): Berry plant grower doubles greenhouse space
- 10/11/2018 Russia: 8 ha greenhouse complex to be built in Stavropol by 2020
- 10/11/2018 Nigeria mulls 100 new greenhouse farms for vegetable, tomatoes
- 10/11/2018 Iran turns to Turkey for assistance in greenhouse development
- 10/09/2018 Autumn harvest of Chinese snow peas and sugar snaps approaching
- 10/09/2018 US (HI): High-tech hydroponic kitchen planned on Lanai