Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
PhD assessing the traditional African vegetable, Cleome gynandraTozer Seeds are the non-academic partner for a PhD being supervised by Dr Charlotte Allender, from the School of Life Sciences at the University of Warwick. The title of the research is: Diversity and improvement of African traditional vegetable Cleome gynandra L.; understanding agronomic and nutritional traits.
Photo credit R.R. Schippers
Saget is the common name of the plant Cleome gynandra L. which is a common vegetable eaten in Eastern Africa. It is highly nutritious with both the seeds and leaves forming an important part of the diet. It is part of the Brassicales order of plants and as a traditionally cultivated crop has not so far been the focus of improvement programs.
The research will use both genotypic and phenotypic assessment to evaluate performance from generations of plants. It will use material collected by a number of gene banks and will measure phenotypic characteristics from plants grown both at Warwick University and Tozer Seeds' own sites.
See here for more details.
For more information:
Publication date: 1/8/2018
Other news in this sector: