Job offersmore »
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Projectleider Export - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Sales representative - Eastern PA, DE, MD, VA & WV, USA
- Sales representative - Michigan, USA
- Assistant Grower - Delta (BC), Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Klasmann-Deilmann takes over international distribution of Growcoon
- "Easier to clean and lasting longer than polystyrene"
- US: Patent for cooling method of electrical components in a geothermal well
- Netherlands: First well of geothermal doublet for ECW Andijk
- Soil to hydroponics: 50%-100%+ increase in tomato and pepper production
Exchange ratesmore »
Turkey: 780,000 hectares of land in Sudan to boost agricultureAfrica is expecting more Turkish investors after President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan's visit to the countries of Sudan, Chad and Tunisia. Erdoğanís tour, which was primarily dominated by business forums and cooperation agreements, facilitated the entrance of Turkish business people into new markets.
The Foreign Economic Relations Board Turkey-Sudan Business Council indicated that 780,000 hectares of land leased by Turkey would be open to Turkish investors for agriculture. Turkey was assigned to adapt Suakin Island for tourism purposes, and area of 780,000 hectares was allocated for Turkish investors.
The dailysabah.com reported: "According to official data, Turkey and Sudan have a bilateral trade volume of $500 million. But since Turkey imports cotton and sesame, bilateral trade is in favor of Sudan. In the upcoming period, the trade volume will gradually be raised to $10 billion.Ē
Publication date: 1/4/2018
Other news in this sector: