- Lead Auditor
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region - Antwerp - Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Medior Sales Engineer - Netherlands
- General Manager Australia
- Chief plant protection agronomist
- Сhief agronomist
- Head of Sales for Mexico and Latin America
- Finance Manager for a Leading International Fresh Produce Business
- Sales Consultants Fertilizer - various European countries
- Product & Efficiency Manager - Role Based in Holland with regular trips to the UK
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
- CAN (BC): Governments working to increase food exports to support communities at home
- AU: Hydroponic herb growers reveal key to good parsley
- "I am curious how the new generation sees autonomous cultivation"
- US (GA): $5 million to help reduce energy costs of indoor farming
- Roasted: the tomato marketing board of Canada
Top 5 -last week
Absence of cold storage: Indian tomato farmers resort to distress sales
Even as tomatoes are being sold for 20-30 rupees (0.26-0.39 euros) a kilogram in open market in Rourkela and other towns in the state, farmers in Nuagaon find it difficult to recover even the cost of cultivation as traders do not offer them more than 8 to 10 rupees (0.11-0.13 euros) per kg. The growers are often fearful about defaulting on loan payments.
While the farmers had expected to make a profit from this year’s harvest, the distress sale has shattered their hopes again. They are frustrated at the absence of storage facilities. Orissapost.com reported that after repeated demands for cold storage, there was a mini cold storage constructed in Nuagaon. Another cold storage was constructed in 2013-14. However, both cold storages are closed now.
Lack of awareness and support from Horticulture and Agriculture Departments keeps on worsening the farmers’ plight.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 07/04/2018 Vacuum cooling for every small hold farmer on the planet
- 06/27/2018 US (CA): JSK cooling system for Sunniva
- 06/07/2018 Netherlands: IPHandlers builds new Perishable Centre
- 02/27/2018 North-east India: Farm-side cold storages for vegetables
- 01/04/2018 Absence of cold storage: Indian tomato farmers resort to distress sales
- 12/13/2017 Cold chain solutions for Nigerian farmers
- 12/13/2017 Fresh investment poised to bring innovative device to exporters worldwide
- 12/12/2017 India: Cold storage for growers in the orange bowl of Manipur
- 11/22/2017 What is hydronic cooling?
- 11/13/2017 China: Demand for refrigerated trucks is steadily growing
- 10/03/2017 Tecnova implements a greenhouse refrigeration system in Egypt
- 09/01/2017 Royal treatment for the 'King of the frozen fruits': the strawberry
- 06/07/2017 New monitoring solution for food retailers
- 05/17/2017 "If you don't jump on it quickly, CGMMV can easily get out of hand"
- 04/03/2017 China: Large cold chain logistics center to be built in Ganzhou
- 03/16/2017 Conviron announces new distributor for Colombia, Peru and Ecuador
- 02/02/2017 McGill researchers develop new passive cooling and ventilation solution
- 02/01/2017 Reducing ethylene levels allows higher storage temperatures for vegetables
- 01/03/2017 Cold storage capacity increasing globally
- 11/01/2016 Isocab introduces ‘the new foam’