Job offersmore »
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
- Account Manager Zachtfruit Scandinavië en Duitsland - Netherlands
- International Editor
- Experienced tomato grower - Angola
- Sales Area Managers - Czech Republic, Eastern Europe, Portugal
- Chief Operations Officer - Deerfield (MA) USA
- LED strategic account manager - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
India: A vegetable farm in the heart of the cityImagine a vegetable farm with 25 varieties of vegetables, that you could just walk-in and pick the harvest, and walkout, and all that 100% chemical free. That is what the people at Akshaya Farm to Home India have been doing, creating a whole new shift in the vegetable consumption and health wellness space.
In around half an acre of space they have accommodated more than 5,320 saplings of more than 24 vegetable varieties, cultivating them with the open farm cultivation method without using any chemical fertilisers, chemical pesticides to ensure customers get 100% chemical free fresh produce.
In a one of its kind, the customers have to visit the farm, pick the harvest themselves, weigh the pickings, pay and carry the produce. Minimum picking for any variety is 1 Kg, at the same one price throughout the year. Registration fee of Rs. 250.00 to be able to enter the farm and pick the produce, refundable at the end of 12 pickings.
Read more at LinkedIn (Suresh Iyer)
Publication date: 1/5/2018
Other news in this sector: