Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Canada: Carbon monoxide poisoning in Leamington greenhouseThree people were sent to hospital with carbon monoxide poisoning Wednesday after a leak at a Leamington greenhouse.
"At 13:59 hrs. LFD, EMS OPP attended 500 block road 3 for high levels of carbon monoxide at greenhouse complex", the Leamington Fire Services share on twitter. Three persons were send to the hospital with carbon monoxide poisoning symptoms. The scene was cleared around 5:30 pm.
The conditions of the victims were unknown Wednesday night. The Technical Standards and Safety Authority and the Ministry of Laboure are to investigate the situation.
Currently greenhouses are being rinsed thoroughly in preparation for the new crop. The use of gas powered pressure washers recently caused an carbon monoxide pollution in a Delta BC greenhouse.
Publication date: 1/4/2018
Other news in this sector: