Job offersmore »
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Projectleider Export - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Sales representative - Eastern PA, DE, MD, VA & WV, USA
- Sales representative - Michigan, USA
- Assistant Grower - Delta (BC), Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Klasmann-Deilmann takes over international distribution of Growcoon
- "Easier to clean and lasting longer than polystyrene"
- US: Patent for cooling method of electrical components in a geothermal well
- Netherlands: First well of geothermal doublet for ECW Andijk
- Soil to hydroponics: 50%-100%+ increase in tomato and pepper production
Exchange ratesmore »
Stefaan Vandaele new chairman of Growing Media EuropeOn 1 January 2018, former vice chair Stefaan Vandaele officially took over the chairmanship of Growing Media Europe from Norbert Siebels, who stepped down from the position in the course of his upcoming retirement end of 2019.
As Board Member, vice chair and later chair of EPAGMA (the predecessor association of Growing Media Europe), Norbert Siebels has been a leading figure and a powerful driving force in the industry´s interest representation on European level since 2004. In his position as chairman of Growing Media Europe, he was entrusted with the transition to the new association and its successful kick-off in 2016. “The members of Growing Media Europe and previously EPAGMA owe Norbert Siebels great gratitude for his passionate commitment, constant engagement and farsighted decisions, that were instrumental in paving the way to success for both associations.”, declared Stefaan Vandaele, who was designated to succeed Norbert Siebels following an unanimous decision of the Board Members last year.
Stefaan Vandaele is the Managing Director of Greenyard Horticulture, one of the founding members of Growing Media Europe, and has been actively involved in the predecessor association EPAGMA since 2005. Summarizing his vision for Growing Media Europe, he emphasized that “Our sector is not only fit for the future, it is a strong basis for creating a more sustainable future! Highly innovative growing media products contribute to healthy and sustainable food production, climate change mitigation and greener living spaces. To assure the sustainable development of our sector and develop a constructive dialogue, we rely on Growing Media Europe to bring together our member´s views and act as our European focal point in Brussels. I am eager to take on my new responsibilities as chairman and to keep moving things in the right direction for our sector.”
For more information:
2860 Sint-Katelijne-Waver (Belgium)
t. +32 (0)15 32 42 00
f. +32 (0)15 32 42 01
Publication date: 1/4/2018
Other news in this sector: