Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Kenya: North Rift farmers welcome plans for fruit processing plantThe plans to build a fruit processing plant, located at Tot in Kenya’s North Western Elgeyo Marakwet County, has the support of the government and other development partners. The construction of this facility and the completion of the construction of dams in the Arror, Kimwarer and Embobut rivers will surely boost farming in the North Rift.
Farmers in the North Rift have welcomed plans to set up a mango processing plant in the area, which has a planned capacity to process over 40,000 tonnes of mangoes and passion fruits annually.
According to hivisasa.com, the Kerio Valley Development Authority has rolled out plans for the 70 million Kenyan shillings (560,000 euros) plant; construction is expected to begin this month. All these plans are expected to result in a shift from livestock keeping to horticulture farming by many farmers in the Valley.
Publication date: 1/4/2018
Other news in this sector: