Job offersmore »
- (junior) Agronomist China
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Projectleider Export - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Sales representative - Eastern PA, DE, MD, VA & WV, USA
- Sales representative - Michigan, USA
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Klasmann-Deilmann takes over international distribution of Growcoon
- US: Patent for cooling method of electrical components in a geothermal well
- Netherlands: First well of geothermal doublet for ECW Andijk
- Soil to hydroponics: 50%-100%+ increase in tomato and pepper production
- Pythium root rot on hydroponically grown basil and spinach
Exchange ratesmore »
CropKing growers workshop travels to Texas
The popular CropKing Growers Workshop is headed to Austin, Texas! On February 1st & 2nd, 2018, the CropKing team will provide education and hands-on training for anyone looking to further their knowledge of hydroponic greenhouse production and management. This is the same workshop that is held in CropKing’s Lodi, OH location and is perfect for prospective or novice growers.
What information is covered in the workshop?
An introduction to greenhouse and hydroponic systems and plants as well as the cropping practices that take place in these systems are the main topics of the workshop. Several types of soilless culture are covered with the primary focus on the Perlite and Rockwool systems for vine crops and NFT (Nutrient Film Technique) for leaf crops. The crops discussed include lettuce, herbs, cucumber, and tomato with tomatoes and lettuce used as the model crops for vine and leafy crop production.
The workshop consists of two full days, lunch included, that integrate classroom instruction and demonstrations as well as time spent in a hydroponic greenhouse. CropKing is excited to offer participants a look inside Leaf Safari, a sustainable Texas farm growing over 200,000 plants, for the hands-on portion of the workshop. The small group size allows ample time for questions and personal attention from the instructors, particularly in the time spent in the greenhouse.
Each full tuition student will receive a participant workbook. The hydroponics training workbook includes a full slide set of all material covered at the workshop as well as additional information. Included are sections on greenhouse structures and environmental control systems, plant biology and anatomy, basic hydroponic systems as well as information of source water quality and nutrient solution formulation. This workbook is designed to be useful at the workshop as well as a reference guide for future use. Our Business Plan Template can help you create a package to compare various business costs and returns and contains the information your banker wants to see in order to find financing for your new business.
For more information and registration:
Publication date: 1/4/2018
Other news in this sector: