Job offersmore »
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - T÷nisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
- Area Sales Manager Oost Europa - Netherlands
- Benelux Sales Manager - Grow lights, Holland
- Productie Manager - Ethiopia
- Head of Sales Europe
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
India: Pomegranate prices plummet as production soarsPomegranate prices are not merely falling in the current season; they have already touched their lowest level for the last three years.
Pomegranates that did not go below 45 rupees per kg (0.59 euros) in the last two or three seasons in the wholesale market, are now selling for prices of 20 to 25 rupees (0.26-0.33 euros) per kg on the Kalamna market.
Market observers told The Hitavada on Tuesday that a bumper crop of pomegranates was recorded in Marathwada and adjoining places. Besides, horticulturists in Vidarbha and adjoining states are supplying significant quantities as well.
Apart from all this, experts are also saying that the area under cultivation for pomegranates has been gradually growing all over the country. As a consequence, the falling prices are disappointing the farmers who were expecting good returns.
Publication date: 1/3/2018
Other news in this sector: