Job offersmore »
- Business Operations Manager - Guyra, Australia
- Export Commercial Assistant - Barcelona, Spain
- Farm Construction Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Lemon/Citrus Packing-house Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
- Area Sales Manager Oost Europa - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Michel Demaré to retire from Syngenta BoardSyngenta’s Vice Chairman and Lead Independent Director Michel Demaré, has decided to retire from the Board after five years of service. Jürg Witmer, a Member of the Syngenta Board of Directors since 2006, has been nominated by the Board to become Lead Independent Director from 1 January, 2018.
Mr. Carl Casale, former CEO of agriculture company CHS Inc., has been nominated by the Board to join as an Independent Director. Mr. Casale has a long history in agriculture having also spent 26 years at Monsanto before his six years at CHS.
“Following the announcement of the sale to ChemChina in February 2016, I accepted the invitation from Chairman Ren Jianxin to stay on the Board of Syngenta. My aim was to facilitate closing of the transaction, implementing the new governance and to support the newly hired CEO, to drive needed strategic and operational changes. Almost two years later, I think I have contributed all that I can bring to Syngenta and to its new owner, so it is time for me to move on at the end of the year”, Mr. Demaré said.
Ren Jianxin, Chairman of ChemChina and Syngenta Boards, said: “We greatly appreciate the tremendous contributions Michel Demaré made as Chairman of the Board until the ChemChina deal closed in May, and then as Vice Chairman, helping ensure Syngenta is set up for long term success. I am glad Jürg Witmer will follow as Lead Independent Director given his vast board experience and knowledge of Syngenta. And I look forward to the addition of Carl Casale to the Board given his deep agriculture experience.”
For more information:
Publication date: 1/3/2018
Other news in this sector: