Job offersmore »
- Senior Banana Ripener - Swords, North County Dublin
- Senior Manager, Technical Advisory and Category Management - Vantaa Finland
- Junior Trader Europe Division - Europe
- Account Manager, Southern, Protected Cropping - Melbourne, Australia
- Coördinator Biologische Gewasbescherming - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Head Grower, Retractable Roof Shadehouse - Wedgecarrup, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
CAN (ON): Greenhouse under scrutiny after waste water leakOntario Plants Propagation Limited, a 15-acre greenhouse operation located near Shedden, was visited by Ministry of Environment and Climate Change staff when nutrients, fertilizers and floor drainage managed to make it to the creek.
“…A pump used to manage the facility’s waste water failed, causing an onsite waste water pond to overflow. The waste water flowed over land into a municipal drain that discharges into a nearby creek,” Gary Wheeler, ministry spokesperson, said in an email.
The ministry is working with the company to see how much waste water made it into the creek and returned to the site to make sure Ontario Plants Propagation Limited was addressing the spill and was taking steps to ensure it didn’t happen again, Wheeler said.
Read more at the St. Thomas Times-Journal (Laura Broadley)
Publication date: 1/3/2018
Other news in this sector: