Job offersmore »
- Plant Specialist - Melbourne, Australia
- General Manager European Region - Bologna, Italy
- Einkaufsverantwortlicher / Kundenbetreuer - Die Schweiz
- Continuous Improvement Specialist - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Innovation Leader - Johnston (Iowa), USA
- VP of Sales - Montreal, Canada
- IPM Consultant - Adelaide Plains, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Australia
- Substrate Grower - Launceston CBD, Tasmania
- Product manager for growing media - Finland or Estonia
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- US (AZ): The future of farming takes root
- Retractable roof helps AU greenhouse function with extremely low energy costs
- US: Regulatory barriers to developing innovative agricultural biotechnology
- Over 9 million views for this hydroponic lettuce video
- Ultra-thin MA film seeks to revolutionize packaging
Exchange ratesmore »
CAN (ON): Greenhouse under scrutiny after waste water leakOntario Plants Propagation Limited, a 15-acre greenhouse operation located near Shedden, was visited by Ministry of Environment and Climate Change staff when nutrients, fertilizers and floor drainage managed to make it to the creek.
“…A pump used to manage the facility’s waste water failed, causing an onsite waste water pond to overflow. The waste water flowed over land into a municipal drain that discharges into a nearby creek,” Gary Wheeler, ministry spokesperson, said in an email.
The ministry is working with the company to see how much waste water made it into the creek and returned to the site to make sure Ontario Plants Propagation Limited was addressing the spill and was taking steps to ensure it didn’t happen again, Wheeler said.
Read more at the St. Thomas Times-Journal (Laura Broadley)
Publication date: 1/3/2018
Other news in this sector: