- Grower - Australia
- Director of Marketing & Communications - Summerland (BC), Canada
- Lead Auditor
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region - Antwerp - Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Medior Sales Engineer - Netherlands
- General Manager Australia
- Chief plant protection agronomist
- Сhief agronomist
- Head of Sales for Mexico and Latin America
- Finance Manager for a Leading International Fresh Produce Business
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
CAN (ON): 'World's biggest pot farm' prepares to expand
"It's been a wild ride," company spokesman Jordan Sinclair said during a recent tour of Tweed Farms. "Just a few years ago, we were a small start-up and now we're in four countries."
The farm, now about 3 years old, started with the purchase of a few existing vegetable greenhouses in rural St. Davids, and it currently produces medical marijuana for use primarily in Canada.
By next year, when the newly built greenhouses – and there are many – begin to produce, Tweed Farms will have tripled its growing space.
"We're trying to challenge people's perception of the industry," Sinclair said. "And the whole world is watching, so we have to do it well."
While the greenhouses, old and new, still dominate the site, the expansion brought other changes to the operation, most notably an upgraded laboratory, new drying rooms and updated irrigation and environmental control systems.
Read more at The Buffalo News (Phil Fairbanks)
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 10/18/2018 Flower One acquires Nevada cannabis cultivator and producer
- 10/18/2018 "The Star Group not getting lost in the weed(s)"
- 10/18/2018 Former Prime Minister of Canada joins cannabis company
- 10/17/2018 Canada rolls out the green carpet
- 10/16/2018 St. Vincent hops on the MMJ bandwagon
- 10/16/2018 CAN (ON): How cannabis is transforming the Tomato Capital of Canada
- 10/15/2018 CAN (ON): Aphria destroys batch of marijuana due to lack of qualified workers
- 10/12/2018 CAN (BC): Flowr and Scotts’ Hawthorne break ground on cannabis R&D facility
- 10/12/2018 UK Government legalizes medicinal cannabis
- 10/12/2018 MedMen to acquire PharmaCann for US$682 million
- 10/11/2018 Canopy Growth completes first legal MMJ export from Canada to US
- 10/11/2018 US (MA): AmeriCann releases designs for 345,000 sq.ft. MJ facility
- 10/08/2018 US: Cresco Labs raises $100 million to continue strategic acquisition and growth plans
- 10/08/2018 ICC breaks ground on Colombian Cannabis Centre of Excellence
- 10/05/2018 CAN (BC): Bevo Agro taken over by cannabis grower, changes name to Zenabis
- 10/05/2018 Hemp cultivation reaches new highs... in space
- 10/04/2018 US (CO): Some growers want specific organic cannabis designation
- 10/03/2018 Canada: Hawthorne's cannabis partner Flowr goes public
- 10/03/2018 "CO2 foliar spray leads to 74% increased commercial cannabis bud value"
- 10/02/2018 Canadian cannabis grower leases 87,120 sq.ft. greenhouse in Italy