Job offersmore »
- Supply Chain and Inventory Manager - Bologna, Italy
- Associate Director Global Procurement - Berlin, Germany
- FRUIT Buyer / Procurement / Purchase Manager 採購/買手 - Hong Kong
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Nordics - Finland
- International Account Manager City Farming - Netherlands
- CEO - Prague
- Plant Specialist - Melbourne, Australia
- General Manager European Region - Bologna, Italy
- Einkaufsverantwortlicher / Kundenbetreuer - Die Schweiz
- Continuous Improvement Specialist - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
CAN (ON): 'World's biggest pot farm' prepares to expandTweed Farms is in the midst of an expansion that will result in more than 1 million square feet of pot plants. The expansion is in no small part a reaction to Ontario's decision to legalize the recreational use of marijuana.
"It's been a wild ride," company spokesman Jordan Sinclair said during a recent tour of Tweed Farms. "Just a few years ago, we were a small start-up and now we're in four countries."
The farm, now about 3 years old, started with the purchase of a few existing vegetable greenhouses in rural St. Davids, and it currently produces medical marijuana for use primarily in Canada.
By next year, when the newly built greenhouses – and there are many – begin to produce, Tweed Farms will have tripled its growing space.
"We're trying to challenge people's perception of the industry," Sinclair said. "And the whole world is watching, so we have to do it well."
While the greenhouses, old and new, still dominate the site, the expansion brought other changes to the operation, most notably an upgraded laboratory, new drying rooms and updated irrigation and environmental control systems.
Read more at The Buffalo News (Phil Fairbanks)
Publication date: 1/3/2018
Other news in this sector: