Job offersmore »
- Account Manager European Countries
- Business Operations Manager - Guyra, Australia
- Export Commercial Assistant - Barcelona, Spain
- Farm Construction Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Lemon/Citrus Packing-house Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
US: Whiteflies threaten Georgia cropsThe destructive gnat-size whiteflies that have overrun farmers across South Georgia this year aren’t new to the state.
But the pests are particularly loathsome right now because of their massive numbers after back-to-back mild winters and because, this time, the hordes of whiteflies came armed with crop-crippling viruses that are new to Georgia.
Whiteflies have also caused headaches for tomato growers, although the impact is less clear. Cotton producers are seeing lower yields as well. There aren’t many crops that have not been affected in some way.
Now, faced with the prospect of another warm winter, hard-hit vegetable farmers say they may pass on some Georgia staples next fall.
Read more at The Valdosta Daily Times (Jill Nolin)
Publication date: 1/3/2018
Other news in this sector: