- Flower Bulb and Perennial Sales Position - Portland (Oregon) USA
- Plant Production Scientist - Brooklyn (NY) USA
- Greenhouse Assistant Grower - Abbotsford (B.C.) Canada
- Technical Sales Representative - South Western Ontario, Canada
- Farm Manager - West Africa
- Managing Agronomist - Surinam
- Vegetal Material Programme Leader - Cisterna di Latina (Latium), Italy
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Inkoop Specialist Holland Product - Netherlands
- Vegetable Grower - Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
- Italy: Farm workers protest after migrant crash deaths
- Langa Mountain Tomatoes: Niche in supply and delivery market
- “We’re about to send a huge load of produce to Europe for next to nothing”
- US: Vegetable costs range from 17 cents to $2.47 per cup equivalent
- Canada: Ontario celebrates Farmers' Market Week
Top 5 -last week
Visser demonstrates AutoStix at IPM
Visser developed this system to automate the labour intensive process of the sticking of cuttings. The AutoStix machine is capable of processing 10,000 cuttings per hour.
Using an open source strip system to enhance quality and efficiency for cutting transplanting, this season 36 million cuttings will be transplanted with the system, more than 110 million anticipated cuttings for next year.
Currently there are 12 machines running worldwide being used by growers such as Costa Farms, Sant, Perry van der Haak. During the last year of operation, the quality of the plants has far surpassed the expectations of the owners while maintaining cost effective labour solutions. The testimonials and reviews from these growers can be found on the new AutoStix Portal, which will be launched at the IPM Exhibition.
The new AutoStix Portal also will provide all information regarding the new AutoStix open source system: Growers testimonials, operation information, features & benefits, participating cutting suppliers and much more.
For AutoStix owners, a premium level access is available where a forum database of all information is shared as well as a knowledge base of Frequently Asked Questions: regarding the strip, the machine, transport, best practices, tips, photos, videos and much more to help you be even more successful with AutoStix.
The AutoStix system will be an open source system, available to everyone to contribute to a new industry standard. AutoStix provides attractive advantages for growers: better consistency and uniformity with shipped cuttings, easier and more reliable counting, automatic transplanting, better uniformity and the option for buffering in the peak seasons.
Be sure to visit Visser at IPM to learn more on buffering your cuttings.
For more information:
3295 KH 's-Gravendeel
P.O. Box 5103
3295 ZG 's-Gravendeel
T: +31 (0) 78 673 98 98
F: +31 (0) 78 673 34 34
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 02/28/2018 Birmingham exhibition Packaging Innovations started today
- 02/27/2018 Ethiopia: HortiFlora Expo 2018 cancelled
- 02/26/2018 China: Which exhibitions to attend in 2018?
- 02/23/2018 "Minimal labor needed for new tomato"
- 02/22/2018 US (OH): CropKing welcomes 5-Day Intensive Workshop participants
- 02/21/2018 "NL: "Cucumber variety Sumapol is the new standard"
- 02/20/2018 Australia: BerryQuest explores industry solutions
- 02/19/2018 HortiContact about to kick off in Netherlands
- 02/16/2018 Adora tomato takes silver at Fruit Logistica Innovation Awards
- 02/15/2018 Special exhibition at Biofach for plant breeding
- 02/14/2018 19th China International Fertilizer Show coming up
- 02/13/2018 Nelson and Pade co-founder to speak at Seeds and Chips
- 02/12/2018 Evergreen Farm wins GFIA award
- 02/09/2018 "HortiFlora Expo Ethiopia much more diversified this year"
- 02/08/2018 Spanish company launches tomato specialty varieties
- 02/07/2018 Meet & Greet with Masterchef and General Practitioner
- 02/06/2018 Indoor Farms of America upgrades container farm design
- 02/05/2018 Italy: Orticoltura tecnica in campo event
- 02/05/2018 Ethiopia present for the first time at Fruit Logistica
- 02/02/2018 Meet the Westland Team at Fruit Logistica