Job offersmore »
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop BelgiŽ / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- "We are now the only people producing the tubers hydroponically"
- Oxygen level in water: an underestimated factor in plant growth
- Bitcoin mining powers tomato greenhouse
- How the rise of Amazon will urge you to create a brand in fresh produce
- UV light provides novel method to improve crop performance and yield
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Visser demonstrates AutoStix at IPMDuring the IPM 2018, Visser will feature the AutoStix machine, Visserís new automatic cutting transplanting system. Throughout the exhibition Visser will conduct 3 live machine demonstrations each day.
Visser developed this system to automate the labour intensive process of the sticking of cuttings. The AutoStix machine is capable of processing 10,000 cuttings per hour.
Using an open source strip system to enhance quality and efficiency for cutting transplanting, this season 36 million cuttings will be transplanted with the system, more than 110 million anticipated cuttings for next year.
Currently there are 12 machines running worldwide being used by growers such as Costa Farms, Sant, Perry van der Haak. During the last year of operation, the quality of the plants has far surpassed the expectations of the owners while maintaining cost effective labour solutions. The testimonials and reviews from these growers can be found on the new AutoStix Portal, which will be launched at the IPM Exhibition.
The new AutoStix Portal also will provide all information regarding the new AutoStix open source system: Growers testimonials, operation information, features & benefits, participating cutting suppliers and much more.
For AutoStix owners, a premium level access is available where a forum database of all information is shared as well as a knowledge base of Frequently Asked Questions: regarding the strip, the machine, transport, best practices, tips, photos, videos and much more to help you be even more successful with AutoStix.
The AutoStix system will be an open source system, available to everyone to contribute to a new industry standard. AutoStix provides attractive advantages for growers: better consistency and uniformity with shipped cuttings, easier and more reliable counting, automatic transplanting, better uniformity and the option for buffering in the peak seasons.
Be sure to visit Visser at IPM to learn more on buffering your cuttings.
For more information:
3295 KH 's-Gravendeel
P.O. Box 5103
3295 ZG 's-Gravendeel
T: +31 (0) 78 673 98 98
F: +31 (0) 78 673 34 34
Publication date: 1/3/2018
Other news in this sector: