Job offersmore »
- Senior Banana Ripener - Swords, North County Dublin
- Senior Manager, Technical Advisory and Category Management - Vantaa Finland
- Junior Trader Europe Division - Europe
- Account Manager, Southern, Protected Cropping - Melbourne, Australia
- Coördinator Biologische Gewasbescherming - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Head Grower, Retractable Roof Shadehouse - Wedgecarrup, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
US (CO): Geothermal domes nurture plants and learningAfter about a year of gardening in a dome on the banks of the San Juan River in Pagosa Springs, the Geothermal Greenhouse Partnership plans to start construction on two more domes this spring.
Residents began planning the growing spaces in 2008 and 2009 during the Great Recession as a way to revitalize the town’s historic downtown. The vision was to provide an educational and growing space for all ages and demonstrate geothermal energy, said Sally High, the president of the nonprofit’s board of directors.
The first dome was completed in Centennial Park during November 2016 along the town’s river trail and serves as a hands-on teaching space for public, charter and home-school students, as well as the 4-H garden project. It has also garnered attention from tourists and hosted workshops for adults.
Read more at The Durango Herald (Mary Shinn)
Publication date: 1/3/2018
Other news in this sector: