Job offersmore »
- Account Manager, Southern, Protected Cropping - Melbourne, Australia
- Coördinator Biologische Gewasbescherming - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Head Grower, Retractable Roof Shadehouse - Wedgecarrup, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
- Horticulture Advisor - The Hague, the Netherlands
- Growing Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Service Engineer - Almeria, Spain
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Uzbekistan expands export destinations for fruits and vegetables
The chairman of Uzbekozikovkat holding, Tohirjon Zhalilov, affirmed in an interview that Uzbekistan intends to significantly expand the number of countries to which it will export fruit and vegetable products in the coming year. In 2017 the company reached agreements with partners from Russia, China, Turkey, Latvia, South Korea and Pakistan.
The Uzbek company delivered more than 162,000 tons of fruit and vegetable products to Russia alone; a 32 percent increase compared to 2016. The total value of shipments was 111 million dollars, 30 percent higher than last year's figure.
Azernews.az learned that export contracts in 2017 were signed not only at industry trade fairs, but also during interstate and inter-departmental visits. In particular, agreements on the supply of fruit and vegetable products for 2018 and 2019 have been signed with South Korea, China, Saudi Arabia, the United States, Indonesia, Germany and other countries.
Publication date: 1/2/2018
Other news in this sector: