- General Manager Australia
- Head of Sales for Mexico and Latin America
- Сhief agronomist
- Chief plant protection agronomist
- Finance Manager for a Leading International Fresh Produce Business
- Sales Consultants Fertilizer - various European countries
- Product & Efficiency Manager - Role Based in Holland with regular trips to the UK
- Highly Experienced Agribusiness Professional now Available
- International Business student looking for an internship
- Responsable des cultures en pleine terre pour le nord de la France - Northern France
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
UK: NFU president shares vision for 2018
“Farming is the bedrock of the UK’s food and drink sector, now worth £112 billion to the nation’s economy, providing jobs for 3.8 million people. Future policy must enable British farmers to invest and grow so the sector can continue to play its part in a successful UK post-Brexit.
“With Brexit negotiations now past the initial phase, it is more important than ever that we recognise and support the work of British farmers in providing the food for our nation, maintaining our iconic farmed landscape and contributing billions of pounds to the UK’s economy.
“Despite the difficulties farmers have faced throughout the last year we have had some great successes; agriculture was at the heart of the Industrial Strategy, the Government has committed to maintain the current level of agricultural funding until 2022 and it has also endorsed the NFU's vision for the future Domestic Agricultural Policy.
“This vision focuses on three cornerstones – environment, productivity and volatility – which we believe should form the basis of bold and ambitious future policy measures. It outlines that competitive, sustainable and profitable farm businesses are central to a dynamic food supply chain and as well as increasing the UK’s self-sufficiency. The NFU will continue to work hard through 2018 to see this vision become reality.
“Through events like the NFU’s Back British Farming Day and various party conferences, our voice is being heard in Government and MPs are acknowledging the importance of farming within their own constituencies.
"In September, 186 MPs pledged to support the NFU’s Back British Farming campaign and the Prime Minister herself declared her support for British farming at Prime Minister’s Questions. We will continue to ensure that public support for British farming remains strong and that there is political recognition of the importance of the farming industry.
“In what has been a frustrating year for many, the NFU and its members have been clear in their message to Government: post-Brexit policy must allow farms to be profitable, productive and progressive. Opportunities have and will continue to arise throughout Brexit negotiations and we must be ready to take them wherever we can.”
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 10/15/2018 Peruvian company Virú acquires pepper distributor in Spain
- 10/15/2018 Two new hires for Nogales grower
- 10/15/2018 Sainsbury’s UK: 'Brussels sprouts' and 'pigs in blankets' flavoured teas
- 10/15/2018 ‘Meicai’ app funding round generates more than $600 million
- 10/15/2018 100th anniversary celebrated by setting a world record
- 10/15/2018 Hatenboer-Water appoints two new managers
- 10/12/2018 New tomato brand to be launched December 2018 in Western U.S.
- 10/12/2018 Chambers bolsters partner grower network to strengthen year-round berry offering
- 10/12/2018 US (OH): Great Lakes Growers hires new Executive VP of Sales
- 10/11/2018 "Horticulture sector is gigantic and with an incredible international orientation"
- 10/11/2018 CubicFarm Systems readies for expansion into cannabis sector as Bevo Agro prepares to become Zenabis Global
- 10/11/2018 New export platform for Belgian agricultural products
- 10/11/2018 CO2 GRO appoints Dr. Matt Julius as Acting Chief Science Officer
- 10/10/2018 New Zealand retailer New World enters war against plastic waste
- 10/10/2018 Kazakhstan project unveiled for a nursery with modern equipment
- 10/10/2018 Lidl Ireland to remove black plastic packaging from fruit & vegetables
- 10/10/2018 Jim McErlean becomes new VP of Sales at NatureSweet
- 10/10/2018 BC bell pepper grower ramps up by cooling down
- 10/10/2018 Driscoll's responds to 'slave-labor' claims at their Mexico operations
- 10/10/2018 Spain: Start of strawberry planting in Huelva