Job offersmore »
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop België / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- "We are now the only people producing the tubers hydroponically"
- Oxygen level in water: an underestimated factor in plant growth
- Bitcoin mining powers tomato greenhouse
- How the rise of Amazon will urge you to create a brand in fresh produce
- UV light provides novel method to improve crop performance and yield
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Vietnam: Đồng Nai to export more pepper to Europe in 2018Lâm San Agriculture Cooperative in Cẩm Mỹ District, Đồng Nai Province, is negotiating with European partners to sign contracts to export some 1,500 tonnes of pepper to Holland and Germany in 2018, according to the cooperative.
The cooperative exported 800 tonnes of clean pepper to these markets in 2017, higher than the export volume of 300 tonnes in 2016.
Nguyễn Ngọc Luân, director of the cooperative, said Lâm San is the first business in Vietnam to export pepper to the European market. It started exporting pepper to the European markets in 2015. To sign long-term export contracts, the cooperative must have a large supply of pepper that meets standards on food safety through cooperation with 1,500 households producing pepper.
The cooperative has provided farmers with agronomic knowledge about land, water, crops, new farming techniques and the use of pesticides and fertilisers in a scientific way, he said.
Demand for pepper in the European market is huge, however, farmers need to produce pepper according to the safety production process. This will help them improve the quality of pepper, expand the market and increase farmers’ income, Nguyễn Văn Nam, a member of the cooperative, said.
Đồng Nai Province has some 15,000ha where pepper is grown, concentrated in Cẩm Mỹ, Xuân Lộc and Thống Nhất districts.
Source: Vietnam News / www.agroberichtenbuitenland.nl
Publication date: 1/2/2018
Other news in this sector: