- Flower Bulb and Perennial Sales Position - Portland (Oregon) USA
- Plant Production Scientist - Brooklyn (NY) USA
- Greenhouse Assistant Grower - Abbotsford (B.C.) Canada
- Technical Sales Representative - South Western Ontario, Canada
- Farm Manager - West Africa
- Managing Agronomist - Surinam
- Vegetal Material Programme Leader - Cisterna di Latina (Latium), Italy
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Inkoop Specialist Holland Product - Netherlands
- Vegetable Grower - Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
- Denmark: Mother plants shipped to 100,000 sq.ft. MMJ greenhouse
- CAN (SK): David Marit becomes provincial agriculture minister
- Seed production in Tasmania
- "Organic food exports at mercy of EU discretion after no-deal Brexit"
- Russia: More than 180,000 tons of vegetables harvested in Krasnodar Territory
Top 5 -last week
Vietnam: Đồng Nai to export more pepper to Europe in 2018
The cooperative exported 800 tonnes of clean pepper to these markets in 2017, higher than the export volume of 300 tonnes in 2016.
Nguyễn Ngọc Luân, director of the cooperative, said Lâm San is the first business in Vietnam to export pepper to the European market. It started exporting pepper to the European markets in 2015. To sign long-term export contracts, the cooperative must have a large supply of pepper that meets standards on food safety through cooperation with 1,500 households producing pepper.
The cooperative has provided farmers with agronomic knowledge about land, water, crops, new farming techniques and the use of pesticides and fertilisers in a scientific way, he said.
Demand for pepper in the European market is huge, however, farmers need to produce pepper according to the safety production process. This will help them improve the quality of pepper, expand the market and increase farmers’ income, Nguyễn Văn Nam, a member of the cooperative, said.
Đồng Nai Province has some 15,000ha where pepper is grown, concentrated in Cẩm Mỹ, Xuân Lộc and Thống Nhất districts.
Source: Vietnam News / www.agroberichtenbuitenland.nl
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 09/21/2018 US: Forty-four States allowed households to apply online for SNAP benefits in 2016
- 09/21/2018 CAN (AB): Province announces changes to Green Certificate Program
- 09/21/2018 Mexico’s fruit and vegetable exports
- 09/21/2018 "Aquaponics can revitalize Connecticut’s economy"
- 09/21/2018 3rd China-ASEAN Agricultural Cooperation Forum held in Nanning
- 09/21/2018 HortiFresh to stimulate fruits and vegetables sector in West Africa
- 09/21/2018 "France and Belgium are positioning themselves on dual-use varieties"
- 09/20/2018 USDA awards CLEDA $294,286 farmers market grant
- 09/20/2018 Who is buying the most organic groceries?
- 09/20/2018 US (FL): Agriculture, natural resources and food industries grew 2007-2016
- 09/20/2018 $450k for agtech/foodtech companies through Radicle Global Pre-Seed Challenge
- 09/20/2018 Strong production leaves California lettuce market subdued
- 09/20/2018 Costa Rican government and unions willing to start a dialogue to end the strike
- 09/20/2018 "We will never be the cheapest producer in the world"
- 09/20/2018 China's annual output of peppers is 40 million tons
- 09/19/2018 "Vertical farming in the Netherlands not an addition"
- 09/19/2018 US: California agriculture leads nation in funding for specialty crops
- 09/19/2018 Lower pepper exports for Spain
- 09/19/2018 UK: LEAF welcomes launch of new Agriculture Bill
- 09/19/2018 Queensland strawberry industry calls for calm in wake of tampering issue