Job offersmore »
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - T÷nisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
- Area Sales Manager Oost Europa - Netherlands
- Benelux Sales Manager - Grow lights, Holland
- Productie Manager - Ethiopia
- Head of Sales Europe
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
India: Tomato prices sink to 3-year low in KoyambeduIt was only a few months ago that households in the city saw tomatoes as a precious commodity as prices escalated to ₹50 (0.79 USD) per kg. This winter, however, they have come down to ₹5 (0.08 USD) per kg at the Koyambedu wholesale market. However, sales remain dull.
Wholesale traders at Koyambedu note that the prices of both the locally grown variety and hybrid tomatoes have crashed to the lowest in three years.
The wholesale market, which is a hub of perishable goods, is receiving double the usual number of lorry loads of tomatoes daily.
Copious rainfall and a bounteous harvest in Andhra Pradesh and Karnataka are the reasons behind the sudden dip in prices.
Read more at The Hindu (K. Lakshmi)
Publication date: 1/2/2018
Other news in this sector: