Job offersmore »
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
- Horticulture Advisor - The Hague, the Netherlands
- Growing Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Service Engineer - Almeria, Spain
- Horticultural Consultant - Sydney, Australia
- Technical Assistant - East Malling (Kent), UK
- Greenhouse Controls Technician - Australia
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Study: diffuse light and pollination in tomato cultivationKoppert commissioned a research report to enhance the knowledge of growers about pollination. A literature review was carried out to examine the effect of a diffuse greenhouse cover or a greenhouse cover with a different light spectrum on pollination and fruit setting in tomatoes. Information was also collected on the influence of the light spectrum on insects and bumblebees.
Koppert is seeing these trends:
a. Increasing use of diffuse glass, coatings and screens in horticulture
b. Possible negative influences on pollination
The literature study was conducted by Jan Janse, Wageningen University.
Click here to read the summary.
You can request the full report by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
Publication date: 12/22/2017
Other news in this sector: