Job offersmore »
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop BelgiŽ / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- "We are now the only people producing the tubers hydroponically"
- Oxygen level in water: an underestimated factor in plant growth
- Bitcoin mining powers tomato greenhouse
- How the rise of Amazon will urge you to create a brand in fresh produce
- UV light provides novel method to improve crop performance and yield
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Study: diffuse light and pollination in tomato cultivationKoppert commissioned a research report to enhance the knowledge of growers about pollination. A literature review was carried out to examine the effect of a diffuse greenhouse cover or a greenhouse cover with a different light spectrum on pollination and fruit setting in tomatoes. Information was also collected on the influence of the light spectrum on insects and bumblebees.
Koppert is seeing these trends:
a. Increasing use of diffuse glass, coatings and screens in horticulture
b. Possible negative influences on pollination
The literature study was conducted by Jan Janse, Wageningen University.
Click here to read the summary.
You can request the full report by contacting email@example.com
Publication date: 12/22/2017
Other news in this sector: