- Grower - Australia
- Director of Marketing & Communications - Summerland (BC), Canada
- Lead Auditor
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region - Antwerp - Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Medior Sales Engineer - Netherlands
- General Manager Australia
- Chief plant protection agronomist
- Сhief agronomist
- Head of Sales for Mexico and Latin America
- Finance Manager for a Leading International Fresh Produce Business
Top 5 -yesterday
- Mushrooms a weapon in fight against global vitamin D shortage
- From knife and boots to the excitement of the greenhouse
- Canada rolls out the green carpet
- Spain: Nazca private equity becomes majority shareholder of aromatic herbs company
- US (IA): Short course on production and management of high tunnel crops
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
Why you need curtain systems in your commercial greenhouse
Greenhouse curtain systems gained popularity in the fuel crunch of the 70s. At that time curtain systems were primarily installed for heat retention. It was typical in older glass greenhouses for fuel savings attributed to a curtain system to reach over 35% in annual energy savings. Since then curtain systems have developed to meet much more specific demands.
A general rule of thumb is that a curtain system will reduce the annual heating cost of a glass greenhouse by 35% a second curtain system or double layer curtains would reduce the heating costs by any additional 15%. In a poly greenhouse the annual energy-savings are approximately 20-25%.
Read more at GGS (Nour Doumani)
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 10/18/2018 Lift cart collects data while crop work is done
- 10/18/2018 Russia: 10 ha strawberry greenhouse planned in Elektrostal
- 10/18/2018 Moscow region reaches 100% self-sufficiency with tomatoes and cucumbers
- 10/18/2018 Turkey: Increase in greenhouse banana production in Antalya
- 10/18/2018 "Professional production facilities like greenhouses are a must to be able to export"
- 10/18/2018 US (OH): Great Lakes Growers doubles production capacity to 160,000 sq.ft.
- 10/17/2018 China to build Dutch-inspired high-tech agriculture park
- 10/17/2018 Japan: Education center expands with 1 ha tomato production greenhouse
- 10/16/2018 Russia: 2 ha greenhouse opened in Dagestan
- 10/16/2018 US (CA): Leichtag Foundation gets six gutter-connected greenhouses
- 10/16/2018 Winterproofing the greenhouse
- 10/16/2018 US: California invests $1.5 million in seasonal high tunnels
- 10/16/2018 US: Incentives aid greenhouses and nurseries in implementing energy efficiency practices
- 10/15/2018 Turkey: Decline in agricultural production areas in Kutahya
- 10/15/2018 How to keep greenhouse conditions optimal for plant growth
- 10/15/2018 Japanese pitch "biggest greenhouse in the world"
- 10/12/2018 Russia: Nobody interested in Altai greenhouse complex
- 10/12/2018 Can greenhouse crop production become efficient enough to produce food for the masses?
- 10/12/2018 Self-assembly greenhouse to be launched in USA
- 10/12/2018 The best way to circulate air in a glasshouse