Job offersmore »
- Supply Chain and Inventory Manager - Bologna, Italy
- Associate Director Global Procurement - Berlin, Germany
- FRUIT Buyer / Procurement / Purchase Manager 採購/買手 - Hong Kong
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Nordics - Finland
- International Account Manager City Farming - Netherlands
- CEO - Prague
- Plant Specialist - Melbourne, Australia
- General Manager European Region - Bologna, Italy
- Einkaufsverantwortlicher / Kundenbetreuer - Die Schweiz
- Continuous Improvement Specialist - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Apeda facilitates export
Green chillies from Varanasi to DubaiOn December 20, Agri export body APEDA organised the first trial shipment of green chillies from Varanasi to Dubai. This move aims to encourage entrepreneurs to boost export of fresh vegetables from eastern Uttar Pradesh.
According to the Times of India, Eastern Uttar Pradesh is one of the potential areas for export of fresh fruits and vegetables, such as green chillies, okra, bitter guard, green peas, brinjal, mango and guava, etc.
Despite the production of sizeable quantities of fresh produce in Uttar Pradesh, exports are not taking place due to logistic constraints." To address this, the Agricultural and Processed Food Exports Development Authority (APEDA) has incentivised exporters to source their produce from Uttar Pradesh.
And as an outcome of this effort, one exporter has agreed to export green chillies and green peas from Varanasi to Dubai. APEDA organised the trial export shipment of green chillies by Elite Oceanic Trading Pvt Ltd from Lal Bahadur Shastri International Airport, Varanasi to Dubai.
Publication date: 12/21/2017
Other news in this sector: