Job offersmore »
- Account Manager, Southern, Protected Cropping - Melbourne, Australia
- Coördinator Biologische Gewasbescherming - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Head Grower, Retractable Roof Shadehouse - Wedgecarrup, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
- Horticulture Advisor - The Hague, the Netherlands
- Growing Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Service Engineer - Almeria, Spain
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Apeda facilitates export
Green chillies from Varanasi to DubaiOn December 20, Agri export body APEDA organised the first trial shipment of green chillies from Varanasi to Dubai. This move aims to encourage entrepreneurs to boost export of fresh vegetables from eastern Uttar Pradesh.
According to the Times of India, Eastern Uttar Pradesh is one of the potential areas for export of fresh fruits and vegetables, such as green chillies, okra, bitter guard, green peas, brinjal, mango and guava, etc.
Despite the production of sizeable quantities of fresh produce in Uttar Pradesh, exports are not taking place due to logistic constraints." To address this, the Agricultural and Processed Food Exports Development Authority (APEDA) has incentivised exporters to source their produce from Uttar Pradesh.
And as an outcome of this effort, one exporter has agreed to export green chillies and green peas from Varanasi to Dubai. APEDA organised the trial export shipment of green chillies by Elite Oceanic Trading Pvt Ltd from Lal Bahadur Shastri International Airport, Varanasi to Dubai.
Publication date: 12/21/2017
Other news in this sector: