Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Canary Islands want aid for tomato exports to the UK to continue after BrexitThe Government of the Canary Islands has asked the European Commission to maintain the current aid granted to tomato exports to the United Kingdom when this country ceases to belong to the EU.
In statements made to the media before participating in an EFEAgro forum, Canary Councillor of Agriculture Narvay Quintero recalled that 51% of the tomatoes exported by the Archipelago are shipped to the United Kingdom.
According to Quintero, a "huge drop" in consumption has already been observed in that country, something that is also perceived in fruit, horticultural products and other sectors.
The Councillor pointed out that they are still waiting for a response to the request made to Brussels.
Also, he recalled that the Canary Islands has created a commission to study the impact of Brexit on the islands. Moreover, a study on how it will affect the primary sector is currently being prepared.
Publication date: 12/21/2017
Other news in this sector: