Job offersmore »
- Supply Chain and Inventory Manager - Bologna, Italy
- Associate Director Global Procurement - Berlin, Germany
- FRUIT Buyer / Procurement / Purchase Manager 採購/買手 - Hong Kong
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Nordics - Finland
- International Account Manager City Farming - Netherlands
- CEO - Prague
- Plant Specialist - Melbourne, Australia
- General Manager European Region - Bologna, Italy
- Einkaufsverantwortlicher / Kundenbetreuer - Die Schweiz
- Continuous Improvement Specialist - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
CAN (AB): Grower plans 180,000 sq. ft. cannabis greenhouseFifty First Parallel purchased five acres of land in the Sherring Business and Industrial Park where a 180,000 sq. ft. greenhouse is to be built in three phases.
Sonny Mottahed, the company’s CEO, says choosing Lethbridge to grow pot was an easy decision.
“We needed to find a jurisdiction that one, was receptive to the business, and two, had affordable electricity, natural gas rates, land rates, plus a supportive city council and lots of sunlight,” Mottahed said.
Ground is expected to break in early 2018 for phase one, which will consist of a 50,000 sq. ft. greenhouse made up of 12 growing rooms. It’s expected to produce 3,500 kg of cannabis per year.
Read more at Global News (Joe Scarpelli)
Publication date: 12/20/2017
Other news in this sector: