Job offersmore »
- Account Manager, Southern, Protected Cropping - Melbourne, Australia
- Coördinator Biologische Gewasbescherming - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Head Grower, Retractable Roof Shadehouse - Wedgecarrup, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
- Horticulture Advisor - The Hague, the Netherlands
- Growing Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Service Engineer - Almeria, Spain
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
CAN (AB): Grower plans 180,000 sq. ft. cannabis greenhouseFifty First Parallel purchased five acres of land in the Sherring Business and Industrial Park where a 180,000 sq. ft. greenhouse is to be built in three phases.
Sonny Mottahed, the company’s CEO, says choosing Lethbridge to grow pot was an easy decision.
“We needed to find a jurisdiction that one, was receptive to the business, and two, had affordable electricity, natural gas rates, land rates, plus a supportive city council and lots of sunlight,” Mottahed said.
Ground is expected to break in early 2018 for phase one, which will consist of a 50,000 sq. ft. greenhouse made up of 12 growing rooms. It’s expected to produce 3,500 kg of cannabis per year.
Read more at Global News (Joe Scarpelli)
Publication date: 12/20/2017
Other news in this sector: