- Flower Bulb and Perennial Sales Position - Portland (Oregon) USA
- Plant Production Scientist - Brooklyn (NY) USA
- Greenhouse Assistant Grower - Abbotsford (B.C.) Canada
- Technical Sales Representative - South Western Ontario, Canada
- Farm Manager - West Africa
- Managing Agronomist - Surinam
- Vegetal Material Programme Leader - Cisterna di Latina (Latium), Italy
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Inkoop Specialist Holland Product - Netherlands
- Vegetable Grower - Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
- "Uniform wetting and rewetting of the plugs"
- LEDs revolutionise the horticulture industry
- CAN (ON): Auto plant converted into medical cannabis cultivation facility in 12 months
- Success of Agriculture Bill will be in the details, warns British Growers
- FPAA to hold first ever women’s leadership invitational
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
Canopy Growth and Les Serres Stéphane Bertrand join forces
CAN (QC): Tomato greenhouse to grow organic cannabis
Bertrand currently produces tomatoes and other vegetables under 700,000 sq. ft. of modern greenhouse, most of which was built in 2015. The entire greenhouse will be upgraded and retrofitted for cannabis production by April 2018. With the assistance and guidance of Canopy Growth, the application for this site has been submitted; and subject to Health Canada and other standard regulatory approvals, the Company anticipates being ready to begin production by May 2018.
Under the terms of the agreement, Vert Mirabel will, subject to satisfaction of certain conditions, lease the 700,000 sq. ft. greenhouse facility from Bertrand. Vert Mirabel will also be provided with an option to acquire the property.
"The joint venture allows us to expand our operational footprint for greenhouse production, and establish a much larger foothold in Quebec," said Bruce Linton, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Canopy Growth. "The fusion of Canopy's cannabis expertise with the greenhouse expertise of Les Serres Stéphane Bertrand is fantastic news for our customers and investors."
The greenhouse holds a valid Ecocert "organic" certification. Bertrand has produced organic tomatoes from the existing infrastructure and can apply their farming expertise to cannabis production in order to grow organic cannabis flowers. Vert would be the first Canopy family of brands to carry organically produced cannabis, another value-add differentiator to the industries most diverse house of brands.
As consideration for entering into and operating Vert Mirabel, Canopy Growth will, based upon various milestones and subject to required regulatory and stock exchange approvals, issue Bertrand $2.75 million of common shares in four equal tranches. To fund the development of Vert Mirabel, Canopy Rivers will contribute, in multiple tranches, an aggregate of $15 million in cash (of which $750,000 was advanced at closing), in exchange for Class A Preferred Shares with cumulative preferred dividends. In addition, Canopy Growth has agreed to purchase from Vert Mirabel all of the cannabis produced during an initial term. Canopy Growth and Canopy Rivers, combined, own 66.7% of Vert Mirabel, with Bertrand holding the remaining 33.3%.
For more information:
1 Hershey Dr.
Smiths Falls, Ontario
1 855 558 9333 x 122
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 09/19/2018 Success of Agriculture Bill will be in the details, warns British Growers
- 09/19/2018 Bell peppers pampered at World Horti Center
- 09/18/2018 France: Hotel puts stop to food waste with virtuous biosystem
- 09/18/2018 Efficient irrigation for blueberry grower
- 09/17/2018 Nigeria: Wells Hosa Greenhouse will partner with government, private sector
- 09/17/2018 US (WY): Tomato grower pleads guilty to growing marijuana
- 09/14/2018 Belgian tomato group switching to hybrid lighting system
- 09/14/2018 Australian tomato grower goes from strength to strength using latest technology
- 09/14/2018 Abu Dhabi: Cultivation started in Al Dahra BayWa greenhouse
- 09/14/2018 US (VA): Year-round greenhouse draws tourists' attention to family farm
- 09/14/2018 AU: Katunga fresh to expand with 15 hectare cucumber greenhouse
- 09/14/2018 Earlier strawberry crop and year-round production with LED toplighting
- 09/12/2018 India: Women growers looking to save environment, conserve water
- 09/12/2018 Bristol man baffled by giant cucumbers
- 09/12/2018 Australia: Is your farm eligible for a grant of up to $500,000?
- 09/12/2018 US (MO): A hydroponic twist on the family farm
- 09/12/2018 Australia: Greenhouse growers tour Woolgoolga
- 09/11/2018 Largest organic nursery in Central America inaugurated in Panama
- 09/11/2018 US (NC): Hydroponic farm buzzing with activity
- 09/10/2018 US (MO): Investigating Springfield greenhouse project with residual heat