- Product Manager / Concept Manager - Verspakketten - Ridderkerk
- District sales manager - British Columbia and Alberta, Canada
- Grower - Carlisle, Pa. USA
- Account Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Grower - Australia
- Director of Marketing & Communications - Summerland (BC), Canada
- Lead Auditor
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region - Antwerp - Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Medior Sales Engineer - Netherlands
- General Manager Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
- Spain: Nazca private equity becomes majority shareholder of aromatic herbs company
- US: Plantible Foods completes extractions technology raise
- Former Prime Minister of Canada joins cannabis company
- "Harmonization and simplification vital for future seed treatments"
- What growers can learn from the successes and mistakes made in the flower industry
The power of a multi channel strategy
A Specific Sales Channel For Every Need
Next to shopping at regular supermarkets and specialty shops, products are purchased online more often, after which they are delivered or can be picked up at special pick-up points. Smaller to-go supermarkets or food services present convenience products for on the go and concept stores – focusing on a particular item or theme – are frequented on other occasions. Experiencing freshness – seeing, smelling and tasting fresh produce – gets particularly highlighted at food services and concept stores.
Dutch Jumbo Supermarket And Its Multi Channel Strategy
Nowadays, an increasing amount of retailers present their products via multiple channels: the multi channel strategy. Dutch supermarket Jumbo not only serves its consumers via local supermarkets or the online store – including its delivery service and pick up points – but also via concept stores such as the ‘Food Market’ with its beautifully presented wide range of products and including a ‘Food Market Café’ serving coffee and delicious treats to its consumers.
The Cross-Pollination Across Jumbo And La Place
With its acquisition of ‘La Place’ – a popular Dutch food service – Jumbo enables new cross-pollinations. The original Jumbo supermarket and its online store are selling several La Place products such as coffee and chocolates for example. And its most recent concept store ‘Jumbo City’ – a compact store close to Eindhoven train station – is selling groceries as well as fresh convenience food straight from their private kitchen and bakery. At just a couple of square feet, Jumbo supermarket, the Food Market and La Place are jointly presented.
Concept Stores And Its Products Meeting Specific Needs
Retailers can only become successful when it is clear to consumers where they can buy their groceries at any moment. Retailers should adapt their concept stores and its products to the specific needs of their consumers; whether this is a relaxing shopping trip in the weekend, a few quick groceries on your way home or a delicious coffee and a treat at the train station.
Some sales channels are closely linked to time, trend and place; these concepts will continuously change. But when the focus remains on consumers’ needs and retailers keep adequately responding, they will always be successful at selling their (fresh) products.
For more information:
Wim van den Berg
+31 (0)6 5756 4346
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 10/22/2018 "Be transparent and tell your story"
- 10/18/2018 Spanish growers join forces to market Adora tomatoes
- 10/17/2018 Organic specialty salad producer to launch new products at PMA
- 10/17/2018 €172 million to promote EU agri-food products in and outside the EU
- 10/15/2018 Five lessons from the Australian strawberry needle crisis
- 10/08/2018 "Toss a tomato, win some dough"
- 09/25/2018 US (IL): Mobile farmers market makes fresh produce accessible and affordable
- 09/21/2018 US: Agtech company partners with podcast to launch educational series on soil health
- 09/19/2018 US (MO): Bayer donates living billboards harvest to St. Louis Area Foodbank
- 09/11/2018 Spain: Marketability probability study of cherry tomato cultivars
- 09/10/2018 Roasted: the tomato marketing board of Canada
- 09/03/2018 ‘Florida growers say Trump's NAFTA substitute won't halt Mexico's advantages’
- 08/31/2018 "Shared vision for sustainable agriculture"
- 08/30/2018 NatureFresh Farms donates produce to reduce food waste footprint
- 08/30/2018 Taste Australia yields big results in foreign trade
- 08/30/2018 US: AgSharks competition offers $250,000 minimum investment for startups
- 08/29/2018 US (MO): Growing veggies on a billboard
- 08/28/2018 Turkish exporters promote produce in Russia
- 08/24/2018 New Mexico officials start offensive to spot fake chile
- 08/21/2018 VegDoctor encourages Australian growers to innovate