Job offersmore »
- Coördinator Biologische Gewasbescherming - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Head Grower, Retractable Roof Shadehouse - Wedgecarrup, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
- Horticulture Advisor - The Hague, the Netherlands
- Growing Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Service Engineer - Almeria, Spain
- Horticultural Consultant - Sydney, Australia
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
US: Solar-powered greenhouse planned for western NebraskaA western Nebraska natural resources district is raising funds for a solar-powered, geothermal-heated greenhouse to grow oranges, lemons and other tropical fruit.
The North Platte Natural Resources District's greenhouse project would include an outdoor learning facility to promote the district's research and education goals, the Scottsbluff Star Herald reported.
Solar panels on the greenhouse would provide the $500 worth of electricity needed to maintain the temperature at 54 degrees.
The greenhouse would measure 126 by 17 feet and stand 14 feet high. It's expected to have room for up to 21 trees.
Read more at the Scottsbluff Star Herald
Publication date: 12/18/2017
Other news in this sector: