Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
UK: Plans for polytunnels covering 32 hectares in LlangarronMark Green from St Owens Cross has applied to Herefordshire Council to put up fixed (non-rotated) 'Spanish' polytunnels to grow soft fruit on tabletops at Biddlestone Farm in Llangarron.
Up to 32 hectares of polytunnels would be put up and covered with polythene at any one time.
The application also looks for a change of use of land from agriculture to a site for the accommodation of seasonal agricultural workers, together with toilets/showers, kitchen, staff shop and IT/recreation units.
The applicant wants to put up 120 two-person accommodation pods (accommodating up to 240 workers). The pods would be in a shipping container style.
The intention is that they will be stationed permanently on the site or for the duration of the soft-fruit farming operation.
Read more at the Hereford Times (Rebecca Cain)
Publication date: 12/18/2017
Other news in this sector: