Job offersmore »
- Account Manager, Southern, Protected Cropping - Melbourne, Australia
- Coördinator Biologische Gewasbescherming - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Head Grower, Retractable Roof Shadehouse - Wedgecarrup, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
- Horticulture Advisor - The Hague, the Netherlands
- Growing Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Service Engineer - Almeria, Spain
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
UK: Plans for polytunnels covering 32 hectares in LlangarronMark Green from St Owens Cross has applied to Herefordshire Council to put up fixed (non-rotated) 'Spanish' polytunnels to grow soft fruit on tabletops at Biddlestone Farm in Llangarron.
Up to 32 hectares of polytunnels would be put up and covered with polythene at any one time.
The application also looks for a change of use of land from agriculture to a site for the accommodation of seasonal agricultural workers, together with toilets/showers, kitchen, staff shop and IT/recreation units.
The applicant wants to put up 120 two-person accommodation pods (accommodating up to 240 workers). The pods would be in a shipping container style.
The intention is that they will be stationed permanently on the site or for the duration of the soft-fruit farming operation.
Read more at the Hereford Times (Rebecca Cain)
Publication date: 12/18/2017
Other news in this sector: