Top 5 -yesterday
- MMJ replaces soybeans as Ontario's new cash crop
- China: Haifa Group aid Shandong farmers after typhoon Rumbia attack
- Ion exchange in the treatment of irrigation water
- ”Fresh Business Expo proven to be effective platform for Ukraine's fresh produce industry”
- Australia: Coir waste management for hydroponics in berries
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
Urban Crop Solutions wins FoodNexus Challenge Public Choice Award
European FoodNexus Award Ceremony. From left to right: Frederic Bulcaen (Co-founder & Chairman at Urban Crop Solutions), Brecht Stubbe (Global Sales Director at Urban Crop Solutions) and Maarten Vandecruys (Co-founder & CEO of Urban Crop Solutions).
FoodNexus is a European consortium of international food companies and leading knowledge institutions that strives to create a robust and sustainable European Food System. Fifteen finalists were selected for the European final in Wageningen (NL) out of over 470 applications from European companies. During the past three day event a bootcamp was organized for the European Finalists so that they could work together with R&D and Innovation Managers from corporate partners in facilitated workshops. The goal was to prepare all parties for collaboration projects on e.g. co-development of the startup or scale up’s technology or international marketing and sales. More than 300 people attended the closing night on Thursday and were able to vote at the end of the event for the Public Choice Award. Representatives of the corporate partners (Unilever, Nutreco, FrieslandCampina and Ahold) as well as other managers from international corporations, the academic community and private equity investors were present during this final session. Prince Constantijn of the Netherlands joined a panel on Corporate-Startup engagement during this event.
European FoodNexus Challenge 2017. From left to right: Maarten Vandecruys (Co-founder & CEO of Urban Crop Solutions) & Brecht Stubbe (Global Sales Director at Urban Crop Solutions).
“This award is a very important international recognition for our team and for our realizations in the last year. During the past three days we felt great support for our business model. The feedback that we received from corporate experts makes us believe even more that indoor vertical farming solutions have a great potential worldwide to optimize supply chains and plant production in many industries”, says Maarten Vandecruys, CEO of Urban Crop Solutions. Brecht Stubbe, Global Sales Director of Urban Crop Solutions adds “Our global approach and our focus on automated and robotized systems were very much liked by the European audience during the event. We should leverage on this Award and increase our presence in the world even faster. The last weeks we have felt a lot of international traction for our systems.”
PlantFactory at the headquarters in Beveren-Leie (Waregem), Belgium
Urban Crop Solutions develops tailor-made plant growth installations for its clients. These systems are turnkey, robotized and able to be integrated in existing production facilities or food processing units. Urban Crop Solutions also has its own range of standard growth container products. Being a total solution provider, Urban Crop Solutions can also supply seeds, substrates and nutrients for clients that have limited or no knowledge or experience with farming. Currently the company has developed plant growing recipes for more than 200 varieties of crops that can be grown in closed environment vertical farms. These recipes (ranging from leafy greens, vegetables, medicinal plants to flowers) are developed specifically for indoor farming applications and sometimes exclusively for clients by its team of plant scientists.
Urban Crop Solutions has started activities in Miami (Florida, US) in 2016 and is soon to open a division in Japan.
For more information:
Urban Crop Solutions
Grote Heerweg 67, 8791 Beveren-Leie (Waregem), Belgium
800 Brickell Avenue 1100 Suite, Miami (FL 33131), USA
+32 56 96 03 06
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 09/18/2018 "The program is so flexible that it can easily grow along with our company"
- 09/18/2018 Rijk Zwaan opens brand-new R&D facility in Fijnaart
- 09/18/2018 "The Hague urban greenhouse cannot be made profitable"
- 09/17/2018 Tomatoes in new construction ensured of plenty of light
- 09/17/2018 China: Haifa Group aid Shandong farmers after typhoon Rumbia attack
- 09/17/2018 "Growers must get rid of their minority complex'"
- 09/14/2018 Public Auction former Brown Coir Export properties
- 09/13/2018 NL: New innovation center The Green East opened
- 09/13/2018 CAN (BC): UFV launches new Food and Agriculture Institute
- 09/12/2018 Strawberry Demo Day 2018 'Clean water, clean soil'
- 09/11/2018 UL/CSA certified cable welding system launched
- 09/11/2018 Urban-gro promotes industry veteran to Executive Vice President, Operations
- 09/11/2018 Oil prices puts pressure on CMA CGM's EBIT, but they stay positive
- 09/10/2018 Biodegradable cultivation tarpaulin on Swedish land
- 09/10/2018 US (AK): Matanuska Experiment Farm gains new director
- 09/10/2018 Bayer CEO doesn't suffer from buyer's remorse
- 09/07/2018 Welding award for KUBO
- 09/07/2018 US facility no longer wants to deal with New Zealand
- 09/07/2018 "In order to promote them, Peruvian chili peppers need to be linked to the gastronomy"
- 09/07/2018 ''Colorful beetroot varieties from north German fields are very popular''