Job offersmore »
- Account Manager, Southern, Protected Cropping - Melbourne, Australia
- Coördinator Biologische Gewasbescherming - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Head Grower, Retractable Roof Shadehouse - Wedgecarrup, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
- Horticulture Advisor - The Hague, the Netherlands
- Growing Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Service Engineer - Almeria, Spain
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
US: United Fresh to launch leadership program for fresh produce industry
United Fresh has partnered with the George Washington Leadership Institute to offer a new educational program for the fresh produce industry focused on the principles exemplified by America’s original leader, George Washington.
Taking place April 9-11, 2018, in Alexandria, VA, and at Washington’s historic Mount Vernon estate on the Potomac River, the Revolutionary Leadership Conference will provide produce professionals with thought-provoking presentations, engaging case studies and behind-the-scenes experiences, seamlessly blending the lessons of history with the leadership challenges of today.
“United Fresh is excited to launch this new event for produce professionals, expanding our leadership development portfolio with a mid-career opportunity between our Produce Industry Leadership Program and our senior executive week-in-residence at Cornell University. Today’s challenges certainly call for revolutionary leadership, and the program we’ve assembled with the George Washington Leadership Institute promises to add a significant new value for our members,” said United Fresh President & CEO Tom Stenzel.
The program kicks off on Monday, April 9, with a welcoming reception at the host hotel in Old Town Alexandria. Tuesday morning, attendees will depart for Washington’s Mount Vernon estate where scholars and leadership experts will take participants on a deep inside the first president’s character, motivations and actions, offering their diverse perspectives on how to guide teams and companies to success. The day will end with a private dinner and tour of the mansion and grounds.
The event will conclude at breakfast the next day, featuring a panel discussion among produce leaders who are graduates of United Fresh’s young leadership program. Panelists will span the 22 years that DowDuPont Agriculture has sponsored the program, bringing forward leadership lessons from their personal career journeys.
For more information:
Tel: +1 202 303 3425
Publication date: 12/15/2017
Other news in this sector: