Job offersmore »
- Plant Specialist - Melbourne, Australia
- General Manager European Region - Bologna, Italy
- Einkaufsverantwortlicher / Kundenbetreuer - Die Schweiz
- Continuous Improvement Specialist - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Innovation Leader - Johnston (Iowa), USA
- VP of Sales - Montreal, Canada
- IPM Consultant - Adelaide Plains, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Australia
- Substrate Grower - Launceston CBD, Tasmania
- Product manager for growing media - Finland or Estonia
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- US (AZ): The future of farming takes root
- Retractable roof helps AU greenhouse function with extremely low energy costs
- US: Regulatory barriers to developing innovative agricultural biotechnology
- Over 9 million views for this hydroponic lettuce video
- Ultra-thin MA film seeks to revolutionize packaging
Exchange ratesmore »
US: ASABE award for Pure Flowering LampThe American Society of Agricultural and Biological Engineers (ASABE) has named the TotalGrow Pure Flowering 200 Lamp winner of a 2018 AE50 award.
AE50 awards honor the year’s most innovative designs in engineering products or systems for the food and agriculture industries. The Pure Flowering Lamp will be featured in the January/February 2018 special issue of ASABE’s magazine Resource: Engineering & Technology for a Sustainable World. For more details visit www.asabe.org/AE50
TotalGrow’s chief biologist, Jeff Mastin, shared, “We are pleased and honored to receive this award. The Pure Flowering Lamp capitalizes on the spectral precision, efficiency and longevity of LEDs and TotalGrow’s extensive experience in the horticultural industry to provide this industry-leading solution for photoperiodic lighting to control the timing of flowering of daylength-sensitive crops. Increasing the awareness of this opportunity to significantly reduce power consumption and improve growth is a very valuable opportunity for all involved.”
Companies from around the world submit entries to the annual AE50 competition and up to 50 of the best products are chosen by a panel of international engineering experts. The judges select innovative products that will best advance engineering for the food and agriculture industries.
The AE50 awards program emphasizes the role of new products and systems in bringing advanced technology to the marketplace. These engineering developments help farmers, food processors and equipment manufacturers increase efficiency, enhance quality, improve safety, and increase profits.
Resource, a magazine geared to agricultural, biological and food system engineers worldwide, is produced by ASABE. The magazine is read by thousands involved in the agricultural, food and biological industries. Read more at www.asabe.org/Resource.
ASABE is an international scientific and educational organization dedicated to the advancement of engineering applicable to agricultural, food, and biological systems. Further information on the Society can be obtained by visiting www.asabe.org/.
For more information on TotalGrow horticultural lighting products visit totalgrowlight.com or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Publication date: 12/15/2017
Other news in this sector: