- Flower Bulb and Perennial Sales Position - Portland (Oregon) USA
- Plant Production Scientist - Brooklyn (NY) USA
- Greenhouse Assistant Grower - Abbotsford (B.C.) Canada
- Technical Sales Representative - South Western Ontario, Canada
- Farm Manager - West Africa
- Managing Agronomist - Surinam
- Vegetal Material Programme Leader - Cisterna di Latina (Latium), Italy
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Inkoop Specialist Holland Product - Netherlands
- Vegetable Grower - Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
- Belgian tomato group switching to hybrid lighting system
- US (MA): Business and marketing sessions at NGCE
- US (MA): Little Leaf Farms signs on to supply Springfield's 26,000 students
- US: Ohio misses Sept. 8 deadline for medical marijuana program
- HortTechnology announces open access of applied horticultural research
Private equity funds put the focus on the Spanish agricultural sector
F. García Ferrer, partner responsible for private equity funds of KPMG in Spain, explains this interest in the Spanish primary sector by “the existence of some local operators with high potential for product improvement, quality, innovation and, ultimately, the existence of added value for the final consumer, derived from their research and development capacity”.
García Ferrer points out the recent acquisition of the Spanish multinational Planasa by Cinven as a sign of the “clear commitment of private equity funds to an essential sector of the Spanish economy”. The purchase was made for €450 million. The Navarra-based horticultural company’s turnover is €109 million and has 2000 employees.
Also last October, the ADM Capital Partners fund closed the purchase of Innolive, one of the largest European producers of extra virgin olive oil in an operation valued at €130 million.
In November 2016, the ProA Capital fund purchased Moyca, leader in the production of seedless table grapes. At the end of last year as well, Bridgepoint acquired Sapec Agro Business, specializing in herbicides and fertilizers.
The KPMG’s partner expects that the venture capital “will continue to show increasing interest in the Spanish agro sectors”. García Ferrer highlights the opportunities for equity funds as a “lever of growth” for the sector in Spain, as there is a clear “incentive for diversification, internationalization and innovation, key aspects to be considered for a company to grow”. “Digitalization, climate change or Brexit are challenges which venture capital can help to face”.
Sovereign wealth funds and large pension funds are also showing their interest in investments in agro food companies. “This is an investment megatrend”, G. Colominas explains, a financial analyst at the Panda Agriculture & Water Fund, the first agricultural equity fund created in the Spanish market.
Source: eleconomista.es / www.agroberichtenbuitenland.nl
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 09/19/2018 "Vertical farming in the Netherlands not an addition"
- 09/19/2018 US: California agriculture leads nation in funding for specialty crops
- 09/19/2018 Lower pepper exports for Spain
- 09/19/2018 UK: LEAF welcomes launch of new Agriculture Bill
- 09/19/2018 Queensland strawberry industry calls for calm in wake of tampering issue
- 09/19/2018 "Higher autumn prices won't compensate for poor eggplant season"
- 09/18/2018 Growers in Côte d’Ivoire create own growbags
- 09/18/2018 Dutch greenhouse suppliers unite in Dutch Greenhouse Delta
- 09/18/2018 UK Government presents Agriculture Bill
- 09/18/2018 "Asian markets still open"
- 09/18/2018 New Zealand: Brisk weather brings cheaper broccoli
- 09/17/2018 DUPLICATE Expansion of notice-based process for importation and interstate movement of fruits and vegetables
- 09/17/2018 Success of Agriculture Bill will be in the details, warns British Growers
- 09/14/2018 Romania: €87.8 million to support financing instrument for farmers
- 09/14/2018 Australia: Cucumber growers hit the jackpot
- 09/14/2018 US (CA): Strong production leaves lettuce market subdued
- 09/14/2018 Nuffield Zimbabwe seeking applicants for 2019 scholarships
- 09/14/2018 Nigeria: Overcoming knowledge barriers to nutritional security, higher income
- 09/13/2018 "Vietnam’s surging agro-economy marked by challenging opportunities"
- 09/13/2018 China: Seasonal peppers enter the market in large volumes