- General Manager Australia
- Head of Sales for Mexico and Latin America
- Сhief agronomist
- Chief plant protection agronomist
- Finance Manager for a Leading International Fresh Produce Business
- Sales Consultants Fertilizer - various European countries
- Product & Efficiency Manager - Role Based in Holland with regular trips to the UK
- Highly Experienced Agribusiness Professional now Available
- International Business student looking for an internship
- Responsable des cultures en pleine terre pour le nord de la France - Northern France
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
- "Tips, tricks and the unlimited possibilities of Work-IT software"
- Horticulture initiative focuses on nutrients: "Healthy food makes you feel better"
- Jim McErlean becomes new VP of Sales at NatureSweet
- Can greenhouse crop production become efficient enough to produce food for the masses?
- How Kenyan tomato farmers can avoid heavy losses
February 6, Berlin
Germany: FRUTIC Symposium focuses on water efficiency
"Water Efficiency" is the main topic at the 11th international FRUTIC Symposium taking place at CityCube Berlin on 6 February 2018, the day before Fruit Logistica opens.
The conference covers the subject of water: from precise irrigation concepts for better fruit quality, to new sensor technology for monitoring fruit moisture status, water usage in storage, and marketing. Water is a key factor for quality and food safety – especially during post-harvest washing, cleaning, sanitising, refrigeration, and hot water treatment of fruit. Along with new techniques, innovative concepts for reducing moisture formation in packaging will be introduced.
The presentation topics will also focus on new, non-destructive approaches to quality assessment, targeted post-harvest treatment, and storage of fruit, vegetables, and nuts.
Keynote speeches will be given by leading international experts, including Prof. Juan José Alarcon from CEBAS CSIC, Spain, and Prof. Merete Edelenbos from Aarhus University, Denmark.
Researchers will also present their topics on the following days of Fruit Logistica in the Fresh Produce Forum and Future Lab.
FRUTIC not only offers a platform for an in-depth information exchange between science and industry on current trends and new developments. It also focuses on the research needs in the industry.
The FRUTIC Symposium is organised by the Leibniz-Institut für Agrartechnik und Bioökonomie e.V. (Leibniz Institute for Agricultural Engineering and Bioeconomy, Germany) and the Università degli Studi di Foggia (Italy) in cooperation with Fruit Logistica, EurAgEng and the regional VDI/VDE working group.
FRUTIC is a series of international scientific conferences. The first session was held in Israel in 1983. FRUTIC has evolved to become an important platform for the development and application of technologies in fruit, vegetable and nut production. It brings together scientists from around the world and is now reaching industry representatives with its new venue in Berlin.
Registration and further information on the FRUTIC Symposium are available from frutic.atb-potsdam.de.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 10/15/2018 US (CA): Managing organic production systems to promote plant health
- 10/15/2018 HortiFlor Zimbabwe in photos
- 10/12/2018 ESA Annual Meeting sets new record of attendance
- 10/11/2018 "AHC 2020 & Horti ASIA 2020 bridge science and commerce"
- 10/10/2018 Application Pro Manager Mastercourse Vegetables in full swing
- 10/10/2018 US (FL): New online course on irrigation water and treatment
- 10/10/2018 HortiFlor Zimbabwe opens its doors
- 10/10/2018 UK: Growing media developments in vegetable propagation
- 10/09/2018 Knowledge is key at 7th International Propagation Seminar
- 10/09/2018 "Diversity in visitors resulted in good quality attendance"
- 10/09/2018 140 kg large pumpkin brightens up Shanghai Chenshan Gardens
- 10/09/2018 “Once a good basis has been laid, it is about the fine-tuning, the details”
- 10/08/2018 Canadian Greenhouse Conference'18: here's the recap
- 10/08/2018 "Greenhouse as starting point for new products and updates"
- 10/08/2018 UK: Latest research to be revealed at Soft Fruit Day
- 10/08/2018 Australia: PCA members to go on tour again
- 10/08/2018 US (VA): VSU to host 31st Annual Aquaculture Field Day
- 10/05/2018 International Asparagus Days conference - programme finalised
- 10/05/2018 "Zimbabwe will become one of Africa's largest exporters"
- 10/05/2018 "Once the foundation is right, it's about the refinement, the details"