Job offersmore »
- Account Manager, Southern, Protected Cropping - Melbourne, Australia
- Coördinator Biologische Gewasbescherming - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Head Grower, Retractable Roof Shadehouse - Wedgecarrup, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
- Horticulture Advisor - The Hague, the Netherlands
- Growing Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Service Engineer - Almeria, Spain
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
"China is world's top vegetable grower"A total of 20 million hectares of vegetable fields and over 800 million tonnes of annual output make China the world's top vegetable grower, authorities said Wednesday.
Dai Zhongjiu, executive president of China Vegetable Marketing Association, made the remarks at a vegetable wholesalers' conference in Kunming.
"China ranks first in the world in terms of output, sales and export volumes of vegetables. We should do more to build brands and boost quality because people care more about quality, nutrition and taste of vegetables," he said.
Dai said information technology will also be used to develop the vegetable-growing sector, remove market barriers, raise the income of farmers and meet the growing demands of consumers.
The wholesalers' conference gathered 300 participating groups, including government authorities from major vegetable growing regions in China, vegetable markets owners and wholesalers.
Source: Ministry of Agriculture of the People's Republic of China
Publication date: 12/18/2017
Other news in this sector: