Job offersmore »
- Account Manager, Southern, Protected Cropping - Melbourne, Australia
- Coördinator Biologische Gewasbescherming - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Head Grower, Retractable Roof Shadehouse - Wedgecarrup, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
- Horticulture Advisor - The Hague, the Netherlands
- Growing Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Service Engineer - Almeria, Spain
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
January 15, Syracuse
US (NY): Farm employment practices - planning for the futureThe 2018 Becker Forum will take place on Monday, January 15, one day prior to the opening of the Empire State Producers Expo. The forum will focus on agricultural workforce issues with three general themes: securing a legal agricultural workforce, labor law compliance and H-2A program topics.
Featured speaker Kristi Boswell from USDA will provide an overview regarding her agency's activities aimed at improving opportunities for agricultural employers to attract and hire a qualified and legal workforce.
Other speakers will provide a review of changes in both state and federal laws as well as key employment practices to ensure labor law compliance. Belen Ledezma, New York State Monitor Advocate (NYDOL) will review key labor regulations and provide necessary posters for the farm workplace. In addition, Ann Margaret Pointer, attorney with Fisher Phillips, will review key components of federal labor laws that apply to farm employers with a focus on federal DOL inspections and housing.
The afternoon program will focus on information related to the H-2A Program. Current changes in the H-2A program will be highlighted. Since each year H-2A participation in New York increases, a panel of growers with experience using H-2A will guide forum participants through procedures that they used to effectively hire foreign-born H-2A workers.
A roundtable discussion with the speakers at the end of the afternoon will provide an opportunity for questions and discussion regarding critical workforce issues.
Click here for more information.
Publication date: 12/19/2017
Other news in this sector: