Job offersmore »
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - T÷nisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
- Area Sales Manager Oost Europa - Netherlands
- Benelux Sales Manager - Grow lights, Holland
- Productie Manager - Ethiopia
- Head of Sales Europe
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Romaine lettuce linked to E. coli cases in Quebec and Canadian Maritimes
The Montreal Gazette reports on the Public Health Agency of Canada urging consumers to use caution when preparing romaine lettuce in the wake of more than 20 cases of E. coli infections in three provinces, including Quebec.
Most of the 13 cases were recorded in Newfoundland and Labrador; five occurred in New Brunswick and three in Quebec. Ten persons were hospitalized. There have been no fatalities.
All the cases remain under investigation, but no single brand of lettuce has been identified as being linked to the outbreak. In the meantime, consumers are being urged to follow some simple safety tips when preparing lettuce. These include washing your hands before and after handling lettuce, washing unpackaged lettuce under cool running water and keeping lettuce refrigerated.
Publication date: 12/14/2017
Other news in this sector: