Job offersmore »
- Associate Director Global Procurement - Berlin, Germany
- FRUIT Buyer / Procurement / Purchase Manager 採購/買手 - Hong Kong
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Nordics - Finland
- International Account Manager City Farming - Netherlands
- CEO - Prague
- Plant Specialist - Melbourne, Australia
- General Manager European Region - Bologna, Italy
- Einkaufsverantwortlicher / Kundenbetreuer - Die Schweiz
- Continuous Improvement Specialist - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Innovation Leader - Johnston (Iowa), USA
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Romaine lettuce linked to E. coli cases in Quebec and Canadian Maritimes
The Montreal Gazette reports on the Public Health Agency of Canada urging consumers to use caution when preparing romaine lettuce in the wake of more than 20 cases of E. coli infections in three provinces, including Quebec.
Most of the 13 cases were recorded in Newfoundland and Labrador; five occurred in New Brunswick and three in Quebec. Ten persons were hospitalized. There have been no fatalities.
All the cases remain under investigation, but no single brand of lettuce has been identified as being linked to the outbreak. In the meantime, consumers are being urged to follow some simple safety tips when preparing lettuce. These include washing your hands before and after handling lettuce, washing unpackaged lettuce under cool running water and keeping lettuce refrigerated.
Publication date: 12/14/2017
Other news in this sector: