Job offersmore »
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop België / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Swiss food imports growing faster than populationA recent government study revealed that between 1990 and 2016, imports of food products have grown by 80% - three times faster than the Swiss population itself.
Swissinfo.ch asserts that in that period of time, the quantity of imported food consumed per inhabitant went from 344 to 490 kg. The Swiss Customs Administration emphasised in its report that despite import duties for agricultural produce, fruit and vegetable imports have also increased, by 8% and 9%, respectively.
Food and beverages, worth CHF 10 billion (10.07 billion dollars), account for 6% of Switzerland’s total imports.
Publication date: 12/14/2017
Other news in this sector: