Job offersmore »
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
- Horticulture Advisor - The Hague, the Netherlands
- Growing Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Service Engineer - Almeria, Spain
- Horticultural Consultant - Sydney, Australia
- Technical Assistant - East Malling (Kent), UK
- Greenhouse Controls Technician - Australia
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Swiss food imports growing faster than populationA recent government study revealed that between 1990 and 2016, imports of food products have grown by 80% - three times faster than the Swiss population itself.
Swissinfo.ch asserts that in that period of time, the quantity of imported food consumed per inhabitant went from 344 to 490 kg. The Swiss Customs Administration emphasised in its report that despite import duties for agricultural produce, fruit and vegetable imports have also increased, by 8% and 9%, respectively.
Food and beverages, worth CHF 10 billion (10.07 billion dollars), account for 6% of Switzerland’s total imports.
Publication date: 12/14/2017
Other news in this sector: