Job offersmore »
- Account Manager, Southern, Protected Cropping - Melbourne, Australia
- Coördinator Biologische Gewasbescherming - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Head Grower, Retractable Roof Shadehouse - Wedgecarrup, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
- Horticulture Advisor - The Hague, the Netherlands
- Growing Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Service Engineer - Almeria, Spain
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
"The damage has been much less severe than expected"
Spain: Storm Ana damages greenhouses and plastic on strawberry farmsThe manager of the Association of Producers and Exporters of Strawberries from Huelva, Freshuelva, Rafael Domínguez Guillén, said on Monday that the passage of storm Ana over the province has damaged some greenhouses and plastic on strawberry farms, but has stressed that this damage has not been as severe as expected, given that the wind and rainfall have eventually been weaker.
He highlighted that the sector expected "a much stronger wind, so although some plastics have been damaged, no significant damage has been recorded."
"It has affected some greenhouses and some plastics, which are either broken or have flown away, but the wind and rainfall have not been as strong as expected and there is little damage compared to what had been predicted," continued Domínguez Guillén, who pointed out that some areas, such as Moguer, have been more affected than others.
Regarding the rainfall, he explained that this has also not been as stormy as they thought and it has cleared throughout the day, so "it hasn't caused much destruction." In any case, he pointed out that the sector could do with "more spaced out rain instead of occasional strong storms."
Source: Europa Press
Publication date: 12/14/2017
Other news in this sector: