Job offersmore »
- Account Manager European Countries
- Business Operations Manager - Guyra, Australia
- Export Commercial Assistant - Barcelona, Spain
- Farm Construction Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Lemon/Citrus Packing-house Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Vegetable imports Switzerland increased by 9 percentRecently, there were heated political debates around the topics of food imports and Swiss self-sufficiency. The amount of imported food between 1990 and 2016 increased from 2 to 4 million tonnes, or 344 to 490 kg per capita. Beverages showed the biggest growth impulse here, with 40%.
Despite import duties on agricultural products, the growth of vegetable imports was still 9%. Imports increased by 14 kg per capita, of which potatoes accounted for 11 kg. Fruits also contributed to growth (of 8%). The imports of exotic fruits (6%) accounted for three-quarters of this; they increased by 5 kg per capita.
Read the full report of EZV SChweiz here.
Publication date: 12/14/2017
Other news in this sector: