Job offersmore »
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Nordics - Finland
- International Account Manager City Farming - Netherlands
- CEO - Prague
- Plant Specialist - Melbourne, Australia
- General Manager European Region - Bologna, Italy
- Einkaufsverantwortlicher / Kundenbetreuer - Die Schweiz
- Continuous Improvement Specialist - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Innovation Leader - Johnston (Iowa), USA
- VP of Sales - Montreal, Canada
- IPM Consultant - Adelaide Plains, Australia
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Vegetable imports Switzerland increased by 9 percentRecently, there were heated political debates around the topics of food imports and Swiss self-sufficiency. The amount of imported food between 1990 and 2016 increased from 2 to 4 million tonnes, or 344 to 490 kg per capita. Beverages showed the biggest growth impulse here, with 40%.
Despite import duties on agricultural products, the growth of vegetable imports was still 9%. Imports increased by 14 kg per capita, of which potatoes accounted for 11 kg. Fruits also contributed to growth (of 8%). The imports of exotic fruits (6%) accounted for three-quarters of this; they increased by 5 kg per capita.
Read the full report of EZV SChweiz here.
Publication date: 12/14/2017
Other news in this sector: