Job offersmore »
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop België / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- "We are now the only people producing the tubers hydroponically"
- Oxygen level in water: an underestimated factor in plant growth
- Bitcoin mining powers tomato greenhouse
- How the rise of Amazon will urge you to create a brand in fresh produce
- UV light provides novel method to improve crop performance and yield
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Company aims to build local greenhouse farms in every major US metro
BrightFarms ranks in top 10 of most successful Food Startups
BrightFarms has been named to Inc. Magazine’s list of the top 10 most successful startups in the food and beverage industry. Featured among brands such as Halo Top and Chef’s Cut Real Jerky, BrightFarms was the only fresh produce brand to make the list.
The company has grown by more than 1,800 percent in the last three years with the development of greenhouse farms for leading retailers like Ahold-Delhaize and Roundy’s (Kroger). Earlier this year, Inc. Magazine ranked BrightFarms number 235 on their list of the 500 fastest growing private companies in America.
To support the growth, the company has recruited a number of key leaders from the food industry, including Vice President of Sales Dean Martel, former sales executive at Fresh Express; Vice President of Marketing Abby Prior and Vice President of Operations Josh Norbury, formerly with Bimbo Bakeries, among several others.
“Our rapid growth stems from the enormous consumer demand for locally grown produce” said BrightFarms CEO Paul Lightfoot. “We’re developing the next phase of growth for our company and plan to enter every major metropolitan market across the country.”
BrightFarms operates three commercial greenhouse farms in Rochelle, IL.; Culpeper, VA.; and Bucks County, PA., with another under construction in Wilmington, Ohio. The company plans to open another 10-15 greenhouses in the next three years.
For more information, visit www.brightfarms.com.
Publication date: 12/13/2017
Other news in this sector: