- Lead Auditor
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region - Antwerp - Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Medior Sales Engineer - Netherlands
- General Manager Australia
- Chief plant protection agronomist
- Сhief agronomist
- Head of Sales for Mexico and Latin America
- Finance Manager for a Leading International Fresh Produce Business
- Sales Consultants Fertilizer - various European countries
- Product & Efficiency Manager - Role Based in Holland with regular trips to the UK
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
Turkish tomato exporter looks to hot springs to lead world market
Agrobay, a company based in Dikili-Bergama in the Aegean province of İzmir, currently produces 15,000 tons of tomatoes from greenhouses that utilize thermal waters dotted across western Turkey.
The Dikili-Bergama region sits on one of hundreds of geothermal fields where underground waters can reach temperatures of up to 549 F (287 C), according to Stanford University in the U.S.
Arzu Şentürk’s father Hasan initially founded Hasanbey Farm as an organic garden following a trip to the Netherlands in 2001. He subsequently constructed greenhouses on its 15 acres.
“The investment, which started with 15 acres of land in 2001, at a time when there were no geothermal greenhouses in Turkey, has reached 173 acres today, making it the largest in Europe and the second largest in the world after Mexico,” Arzu Şentürk told Anadolu Agency, adding that she aimed to increase the total land area to 247 acres to boost production and exports.
Read more at Hürriyet Daily News
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 10/17/2018 Australian agriculture groups join together to voice concerns over harvest workforce plans
- 10/16/2018 South Africa: "The extent of farm attacks must be internationally recognized"
- 10/16/2018 Greenhouse vegetable grower to launch seven products at PMA
- 10/16/2018 “South African farmers need security of land and assets”
- 10/16/2018 US (AZ): Chef partners with local grower
- 10/15/2018 Italy: "Hydroponic cultivation lowers disease risk"
- 10/15/2018 Sarah Dressel: New Paltz woman is a vibrant symbol of farming’s future
- 10/15/2018 Italy: the fennel campaign has started in Emilia-Romagna
- 10/15/2018 “Watercress power food for all seasons”
- 10/15/2018 US (NV): Aquaponics farm increases tomato yields by 20% with new lighting
- 10/12/2018 Canada: Opportunity Scholarships awarded to students pursuing education in agriculture and food-related fields
- 10/12/2018 Cees and Nynke Groenewegen grow 25 tomato varieties in Sweden
- 10/11/2018 Canada: Winners announced of 2018-19 ASPB Conviron Scholars Program
- 10/11/2018 Malaysia: Three friends supply fresh veggies thanks to NFT
- 10/10/2018 “I care about Dutch product a great deal”
- 10/10/2018 Serbia arrests 36 for alleged smuggling of EU fruit to Russia
- 10/10/2018 Can the Russian greenhouse industry overcome the challenges?
- 10/10/2018 Four million sealed bell peppers for cruise ships and military bases per year
- 10/08/2018 From rose greenhouse to vineyard under glass
- 10/08/2018 US (TX): Big Tex Urban Farms donate more to local community thanks to oxygen nanobubbles