Job offersmore »
- Account Manager, Southern, Protected Cropping - Melbourne, Australia
- Coördinator Biologische Gewasbescherming - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Head Grower, Retractable Roof Shadehouse - Wedgecarrup, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
- Horticulture Advisor - The Hague, the Netherlands
- Growing Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Service Engineer - Almeria, Spain
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Hi-tech plug nursery (4 acres) opened in IndiaThe Vegetable and Fruit Promotion Council Kerala (VFPCK) is planning to bolster its activities by adopting latest technologies and launching new products through exclusive outlets. For starters, a hi-tech plug nursery will soon begin operations at Nadukkara in Muvattupuzha. The plug nursery - one of the largest in India - will be inaugurated by Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan on December 16, said Agriculture Minister V S Sunil Kumar.
“Farmers are facing issues due to the shortage of seeds and saplings of vegetables and foodgrain. For this, we are starting the plug nursery, which will function with state-of-the-art technology. It is set up on 4.09 acres", he said.
The nursery will have four polyhouses, space for planting seeds, fertigation unit and an office complex. It is capable of producing 2 crore saplings per month. Within 25-40 days, the saplings can be provided to farmers. The entire units and distribution would be held under the VFPCK.
Read more at The New Indian Express
Publication date: 12/13/2017
Other news in this sector: