Job offersmore »
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop België / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- "We are now the only people producing the tubers hydroponically"
- Oxygen level in water: an underestimated factor in plant growth
- Bitcoin mining powers tomato greenhouse
- How the rise of Amazon will urge you to create a brand in fresh produce
- UV light provides novel method to improve crop performance and yield
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Aquaponic cultivation to start in Kazakhstan
At a business forum in Warsaw, an important agreement has been concluded. A new innovative method of growing strawberries will be introduced in Kazakhstan. A pilot project on the introduction of modern technologies will be implemented in the Aktobe region. To begin with, the strawberries will be planted on the territory of one hectare. Later the cultivated area will be extended. It is planned to export the berries and sell them in the western region.
The visiting Kazakhstan’s delegation presented the export potential and told the Polish participants about the conditions, opportunities and support programs for foreign entrepreneurs. "Kazakhstan is not only a very promising market for Poland. The European partners are also attracted by the transit potential. They consider Kazakhstan as the gateway to Asia, and the access to the export markets of China and the EAEU countries. Therefore, Poland is interested in building cooperation", the Polish participators conclude.
"It is good that we are the first in Kazakhstan to adopt this technology. This method is called aquaponics, cultivating plants in water, that is, we are growing strawberries in sleeves without substrates and without soil. Aquaponics lets us avoid disease and pests, use less fertilizers and obtain organic products, and makes it easier to grow plants", says Azamat Zheksenbiyev, the chairman of the agricultural company.
Publication date: 12/12/2017
Other news in this sector: