Job offersmore »
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop België / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Ukraine: Vegetable exports thrive
Through September 2017, Ukraine’s vegetable exports doubled, hitting 44 million dollars. Top customers are India (good for 36%), Belarus (34%), Turkey (12%) and Poland (9%). Now the Ukrainians want to start investing in European standard processing: “Vegetable ragouts, canned vegetables, and the like. We expect sales will increase at least one-third."
Fruit exports grew 64% through September, to 24 million dollars, theubj.com learned at the annual conference for Vegetables and Fruits of Ukraine. With the EU buying almost half of Ukraine’s fruit export, the call went out for more processing; more extracts, juices and jams. All this would possibly increase the yield of exports by 20-30%.
Europe's lowest wages are paid in Ukraine, according to a Ukrainian analytical center. Ukraine’s monthly salary of 190 euros - after tax- was followed by Moldova with 216 euros and Azerbaijan with 232 euros.
Publication date: 12/11/2017
Other news in this sector: