Job offersmore »
- Growing Manager - Skye, Victoria
- Assistant Professor of Urban Horticultural Crops - United States (CA)
- Senior Inkoper - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- Workers safe after carbon monoxide incident at Windset Farms
- Hydropothecary announces expansion plans
- "With unemployment at record lows, labor is our biggest challenge"
- Australia: New project to drive agriculture innovation in Victoria
- Nominees for the 2018 Fruit Logistica Innovation Awards are announced
Top 5 - last month
- US (TX): Tarrant County College board approves campus greenhouse
- Partial replacement of PAR light by far red light in tomato
- NL: New Geothermal Energy Alliance in South Holland
- German Agricultural Society and Fairtrade enter strategic partnership in Africa
- US (ME): Aquaponic grower secures $1.6M to expand greenhouse
Exchange ratesmore »
Indonesia: Expo showcases chain from farm to tableThe International Exhibition on farm, agriculture industry and supply expo was opened at Indonesia Convention Exhibition, BSD Tangerang. The expo will be held for 4 days from 6-9 December 2017.
The opening ceremony was attended by Ir. Enny Ratnaningtyas, Director in Ministry of Industry for Food, Seafood and Fisheries Industry, Dr. Ir. Iskandar Andi Nuhung, Executive director of palm oil council Indonesia, Mr Daud Salim, Director of Krista Exhibition.
A representative from embassies; Trade Commissioner of Italian Trade Commission Mr. Alessandro Liberatori, Attaché Economic & Agriculture Affairs of the German embassy.
This is the first year Krista exhibition organized the expo, 50 companies are taking part in the event. Among those companies, the Ministry of Agriculture is taking part at the booth and gave a presentation on how the plants of vegetables and fruits can be grown at home with less soil, harvested then cooked, and finally served at the table. The Australian Trade and Investment Commission and EIBN are also participating in this event. There are a number of associations taking part at this event, Indonesia Agriculture Machinery Association (ALSINTANI), Indonesia Palm Oil Board (DMSI), Association Cacao Indonesia (ASKINDO), Association Animal Drugs Indonesia (ASOHI), Cold & Chain Association, Horticulture Farmers Indonesia (ASPPEHORTI), etc.
This event is held to improve the economic growth and food industry in Indonesia with the theme of horticulture in the future. One company called Hydro farm that has farmland in Tangerang and Bogor area, they provide vegetables and fruits for urban farming. They imported the system and media for Hydroponic plants from the Netherlands and Sweden. Meanwhile the seeds are from East West Seed/Panah Merah only for lettuces. They sell their products also to Farmers Markets and Carrefour in pots.
Meanwhile, Indonesia Fruits and Vegetables Association is keen to work with the Dutch companies on Tapiocas. The Association has more than 30 members and part of it are from tapiocas producers. Interested Dutch companies can contact Jakfirstname.lastname@example.org or phone +62 21 5241029
Publication date: 12/7/2017
Other news in this sector: