Top 5 -yesterday
- MMJ replaces soybeans as Ontario's new cash crop
- China: Haifa Group aid Shandong farmers after typhoon Rumbia attack
- UK: Growing media developments in soft fruit propagation
- ”Fresh Business Expo proven to be effective platform for Ukraine's fresh produce industry”
- US (GA): Hydroponic lettuce on the school lunch line
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
Illumitex expands horticultural science team
Yan Ren‐Butcher, Ph.D., joins the Illumitex team as the Director of Horticulture Science. Yan earned her Ph.D. Degree in Horticultural Sciences from Texas A&M University in 2011. Yan has many years of experience, focusing largely on helping to bridge the science of lighting with horticulture to ensure her consumers understand the value in the lighting technology. Yan will drive innovation and insight into the LED technology, and educate growers on the role that LED lighting plays in the success of controlled environment agricultural.
Veronica Hoyos Leonard also joins the team as the Horticulture Sales Scientist supporting the Western North American territories. Veronica comes to Illumitex with a Master’s Degree in Agricultural Engineering, specializing in Horticulture Crops from Monterrey Tech University. Veronica has an abundance of experience in assisting growers on best practices highlighting the importance of sustainability and efficiency including several years of managing a 400,000 sq. ft. greenhouse in Ft. Davis, TX. Veronica will work closely with the sales team to develop lighting layouts, consult with growers on their operation, and be the point of contact for post‐installation support.
Veronica (left) and Yan
Additionally, Rosalie Kelley, Master Inhouse Grower, joins the team to conduct studies on properly care for a plant under LED lighting. Rosalie has an extensive background in growing and maintaining a wide variety of plants. She holds a Master’s Degree in Agriculture from Texas State University. Rosalie will be managing the care of the plants that Illumitex grows in‐house as they continue to test and develop new lighting technologies.
“Illumitex is proud of the rapid expansion the company is seeing as we move into 2018,” says John Spencer, SVP Sales and Marketing of Illumitex. “2018 is projected to be the best year in the company’s history supported by our expansion of sales, marketing, and horticulture teams over the course of 2017.”
For more information
6301 E. Stassney Lane
Building 6, Suite 400
Austin, TX 78744
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 09/18/2018 "The program is so flexible that it can easily grow along with our company"
- 09/18/2018 Rijk Zwaan opens brand-new R&D facility in Fijnaart
- 09/18/2018 "The Hague urban greenhouse cannot be made profitable"
- 09/17/2018 Tomatoes in new construction ensured of plenty of light
- 09/17/2018 China: Haifa Group aid Shandong farmers after typhoon Rumbia attack
- 09/17/2018 "Growers must get rid of their minority complex'"
- 09/14/2018 Public Auction former Brown Coir Export properties
- 09/13/2018 NL: New innovation center The Green East opened
- 09/13/2018 CAN (BC): UFV launches new Food and Agriculture Institute
- 09/12/2018 Strawberry Demo Day 2018 'Clean water, clean soil'
- 09/11/2018 UL/CSA certified cable welding system launched
- 09/11/2018 Urban-gro promotes industry veteran to Executive Vice President, Operations
- 09/11/2018 Oil prices puts pressure on CMA CGM's EBIT, but they stay positive
- 09/10/2018 Biodegradable cultivation tarpaulin on Swedish land
- 09/10/2018 US (AK): Matanuska Experiment Farm gains new director
- 09/10/2018 Bayer CEO doesn't suffer from buyer's remorse
- 09/07/2018 Welding award for KUBO
- 09/07/2018 US facility no longer wants to deal with New Zealand
- 09/07/2018 "In order to promote them, Peruvian chili peppers need to be linked to the gastronomy"
- 09/07/2018 ''Colorful beetroot varieties from north German fields are very popular''