Job offersmore »
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop BelgiŽ / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- "We are now the only people producing the tubers hydroponically"
- Oxygen level in water: an underestimated factor in plant growth
- Bitcoin mining powers tomato greenhouse
- How the rise of Amazon will urge you to create a brand in fresh produce
- UV light provides novel method to improve crop performance and yield
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Illumitex expands horticultural science teamIllumitex has added three team members to the horticulture science staff. This expands the team to five and gives the company over 50 years of horticultural experience.
Yan Ren‐Butcher, Ph.D., joins the Illumitex team as the Director of Horticulture Science. Yan earned her Ph.D. Degree in Horticultural Sciences from Texas A&M University in 2011. Yan has many years of experience, focusing largely on helping to bridge the science of lighting with horticulture to ensure her consumers understand the value in the lighting technology. Yan will drive innovation and insight into the LED technology, and educate growers on the role that LED lighting plays in the success of controlled environment agricultural.
Veronica Hoyos Leonard also joins the team as the Horticulture Sales Scientist supporting the Western North American territories. Veronica comes to Illumitex with a Masterís Degree in Agricultural Engineering, specializing in Horticulture Crops from Monterrey Tech University. Veronica has an abundance of experience in assisting growers on best practices highlighting the importance of sustainability and efficiency including several years of managing a 400,000 sq. ft. greenhouse in Ft. Davis, TX. Veronica will work closely with the sales team to develop lighting layouts, consult with growers on their operation, and be the point of contact for post‐installation support.
Veronica (left) and Yan
Additionally, Rosalie Kelley, Master Inhouse Grower, joins the team to conduct studies on properly care for a plant under LED lighting. Rosalie has an extensive background in growing and maintaining a wide variety of plants. She holds a Masterís Degree in Agriculture from Texas State University. Rosalie will be managing the care of the plants that Illumitex grows in‐house as they continue to test and develop new lighting technologies.
ďIllumitex is proud of the rapid expansion the company is seeing as we move into 2018,Ē says John Spencer, SVP Sales and Marketing of Illumitex. ď2018 is projected to be the best year in the companyís history supported by our expansion of sales, marketing, and horticulture teams over the course of 2017.Ē
For more information
6301 E. Stassney Lane
Building 6, Suite 400
Austin, TX 78744
Publication date: 12/12/2017
Other news in this sector: