- Account Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Grower - Australia
- Director of Marketing & Communications - Summerland (BC), Canada
- Lead Auditor
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region - Antwerp - Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Medior Sales Engineer - Netherlands
- General Manager Australia
- Chief plant protection agronomist
- Сhief agronomist
- Head of Sales for Mexico and Latin America
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
US (TX): Tarrant County College board approves campus greenhouse
The contract approved with Chambers Engineering to construct the greenhouse cost just under $300,000, according to a board memo. The new building is replacing a greenhouse that was destroyed by a fire in 2016, according to the memo.
The greenhouse will be much larger than the old one and will help the horticulture program keep up with growing enrollment, program coordinator David Bulpitt said.
The new greenhouse will be made of glass, Bulpitt said, which should be pleasing to the eye.
NW student Judy Hill said while the new greenhouse is going to enhance the entire campus, a polyfiber construction material is better suited to keep up with industry standards and the North Texas environment.
“Glass would be OK if [the greenhouses] weren’t in Texas because they hold so much heat,” Hill said. “We have hailstorms, and it could get damaged.”
Storm curtains will be installed on the new structure to counteract the increased heat absorption glass has over a polyfiber material and protect from hail damage, Bulpitt said.
Read more at The Collegian (Dylan Bradley)
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 10/19/2018 "Check whether no invisible dirt is left behind after disinfection"
- 10/19/2018 US: Plantible Foods completes extractions technology raise
- 10/19/2018 Russia: Eco-culture comments on massive expansion
- 10/18/2018 Lift cart collects data while crop work is done
- 10/18/2018 Russia: 10 ha strawberry greenhouse planned in Elektrostal
- 10/18/2018 Moscow region reaches 100% self-sufficiency with tomatoes and cucumbers
- 10/18/2018 Turkey: Increase in greenhouse banana production in Antalya
- 10/18/2018 "Professional production facilities like greenhouses are a must to be able to export"
- 10/18/2018 US (OH): Great Lakes Growers doubles production capacity to 160,000 sq.ft.
- 10/17/2018 China to build Dutch-inspired high-tech agriculture park
- 10/17/2018 Japan: Education center expands with 1 ha tomato production greenhouse
- 10/16/2018 Russia: 2 ha greenhouse opened in Dagestan
- 10/16/2018 US (CA): Leichtag Foundation gets six gutter-connected greenhouses
- 10/16/2018 Winterproofing the greenhouse
- 10/16/2018 US: California invests $1.5 million in seasonal high tunnels
- 10/16/2018 US: Incentives aid greenhouses and nurseries in implementing energy efficiency practices
- 10/15/2018 Turkey: Decline in agricultural production areas in Kutahya
- 10/15/2018 How to keep greenhouse conditions optimal for plant growth
- 10/15/2018 Japanese pitch "biggest greenhouse in the world"
- 10/12/2018 Russia: Nobody interested in Altai greenhouse complex